The Redskins Are Excited

Chris Samuels as he leaves the field. (By Preston Keres - TWP)

Last week in Dallas, following their victory, the Redskins (sans Daniel Snyder) seemed strangely subdued, at least in the portions of their celebration that were open to the public. And this week? Well, they hip hip hoorayed again, which I'll explain in a minute. But first, in chronological order, coming off the field, here's what we saw:

Daniel Snyder (in sunglasses): YEAH! FOUR AND ONE!!!! IN PHILLY, IN DALLAS!!!!! YEAH REDSKINS!!!!!!

Jim Zorn: [Hugs Joe Bugel, pats him on shoulder as they enter the locker room.]

Santana Moss (to himself?): They all feel good. They all feel good.

Randy Thomas: Take that underdog! Take that underdog, baby!

Danny Smith (pumping fist, shaking head): Man! Man!

Philly Fans: Boooooooooo!

Chris Samuels (to the crowd): It ain't too late to be a Redskins fan!

Vinny Cerrato: [Slaps hands with Fred Smoot.]

Marcus Washington: [Nods head.]

London Fletcher: [Pumps fist.]

Shawn Springs: [Grabs Fletcher's hand.]

Daniel Snyder (to a departing Greg Blache): I'll see you out there with the stogie.

Greg Blache: Fire it up!

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 5, 2008; 5:02 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Top 10 WaPo Sports Stories: The Brewers?
Next: Redskins Hip Hip Hooray Again

Comments

Chris Samuels is my hero :)

Posted by: Paul | October 5, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Beating Dallas in Dallas. Then Philly in Philly. It doesn't get much better than that.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

ANOTHER GREAT VICTORY ....CAN WE PLEASE FIRE THE PUNTER BEFORE HE LOSES A GAME FOR US?

Posted by: IZZY | October 5, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

As a lifelong Redskins fan and part of a family that has held season tickets since 1955 in Griffith Stadium, I found today's victory hard to believe. So sweet after so long in the wilderness to taste the nectar of victory!

Posted by: Hard to believe | October 5, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

And yes Danny may have been around for this, but he's letting the coaches coach and is actually in a good mood. He's still a jerk but the Skins are actually looking really good out there.

Posted by: JM | October 5, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have been to the Great Wall of China, I have seen the Pyramids of Egypt, I've even witnessed a grown man satisfy a camel. But never in all my years (as a sportscaster) have I witnessed something as improbable, as impossible, as what we've witnessed here today!"

Posted by: NeilinRockville | October 5, 2008 6:27 PM | Report abuse

DO YOU BELIEVE IN UNLIKELIHOODS?

Posted by: Skin Patrol | October 5, 2008 10:10 PM | Report abuse

Shawn Springs: [Grabs Fletcher's hand.]

awww, that's cute

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | October 6, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I'm usually not a Danny-Boy fan but I was LMAO when they showed the clip of him yelling "Four and one, in Dallas, in Philly...!" I think many fans were on that level Mr. Snyder (myself included). Let's keep it up guys!

Posted by: TooHappyRightNow | October 6, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

did i say "letdown game"? clearly i was talking about the Eagles. thankfully i don't bet real money on these games or i'd be offering to give someone "a Cooley" in an alley somewhere right now.

Posted by: jamie | October 6, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse