Gilbert and His Wax Self

(Jeffrey Snyder/Madame Tussauds)

So yeah, that's Gilbert and his wax sculpture. Read more about it in tomorrow's Post.

In other news, the Washington Times recently talked with Gilbert about his cousin, Javier Arenas, the Alabama kick returner and cornerback. This was last year's news, but I think I missed it: 'Bama fans have taken to calling him "Agent 28." There's another win for the Wizznutzz. (Who have new t-shirts out, if you're into that sort of thing.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 20, 2008; 4:03 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jim Zorn, Artwork and Molten Iron
Next: Hip Hip Hooray Returns in Seattle

Comments

I almost fell out of my chair at the sight of Gil in a uniform...

I wonder if the wax Gilbert could beat the real Gilbert right now.

On a completely unrelated note, I hope Madame Tussauds return on investment for the fake gilbert proves to be better than ROI on the real Gilbert.

Posted by: Mustachio | November 20, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't be surprised if Zorn makes his own likeness in wax.

You know, just cause it seems like fun.

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | November 20, 2008 6:45 PM | Report abuse

How badly is the wax Gilbert hurt?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 20, 2008 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Also, that is creepy as hell. (shudders)

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 20, 2008 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't matter if the Wizards finish in first place...they are still going to get bounced by Cleveland in the first round again!!

Posted by: Mun1918 | November 20, 2008 8:12 PM | Report abuse

He is nothing until he makes Great Blacks in Wax.

Posted by: fitzfacts | November 20, 2008 9:31 PM | Report abuse

this will probably be the closest we come to seeing him in uniform this season...i love me some abe polian, but Gil was a bad investment

Posted by: carsonspence | November 21, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

What has Arenas done other than be a prima donna? Better they do a wax likeness of Washington sports figures that matter(ed) like Gibbs, Unseld, Ovechkin or Baugh.

Posted by: poguesmahone | November 21, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Where's Bonita Appleblog? Friday has become boring.

Posted by: Lindemann777 | November 21, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

I want a wax figure of my favorite DC athlete: Alexander Semin. That would be so awesome, although I admit it is kinda creepy...

Posted by: rachel216 | November 22, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse