Bissinger, Big Daddy Drew and the Bog

With the Redskins bye week, I'm taking off to New York for the next couple days, but in an act of shameless self-promotion, I wanted to note that I'll be part of tonight's Varsity Letters sports reading series at Happy Ending Lounge on the Lower East Side.

My fellow panelists are the hilarious and naughty Drew Magary of Kissing Suzy Kolber and Men With Balls fame, and the esteemed and furious Buzz Bissinger of Friday Night Lights and television meltdown fame. I'm playing the role of Braylon Edwards.

Anyhow, read my interview with the sponsoring Gelf Magazine here, and if you're a D.C. native who's interested in Redskins vomit but trapped in New York, feel free to come by and say hey and get me to sign your laptop, or whatever.

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 6, 2008; 10:59 AM ET
Categories:  Media
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Look: Hip Hip in Detroit
Next: D.C. United Vanity, Wizards Statesmanship

Comments

A Shrew, a Drew, and a Jew.

Posted by: twoeightnine_ | November 6, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Do ya think they'll be showing the terps game?

I'm kinda torn between the terps and this excellent-sounding event.

Posted by: pipkin42 | November 6, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

How many people got the Braylon joke? But for those of us who did, well played, Steinz.

Posted by: jamesmottram | November 6, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Braylon Edwards, level-headed third wheel? Or Braylon Edwards, stone-handed, book-fumbling trash talker? I'd love to see you tell the crowd "come on, you can't tell me I can't beat the damn Magary reading" then have someone toss you something to read and have it slip right through your hands.

Who has two thumbs and hope work doesn't go late so he can attend?

Posted by: ThisGuy | November 6, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

I could've sworn you would be playing the role of Brandon Lloyd.

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | November 7, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Just be thankful you're not playing the part of Kellen Winslow, Jr.

Posted by: fitzfacts | November 7, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse