Morning Look: Skins Fans in Seattle

You know your blog has succeeded when Washington Post commenting groupies Nate in the PDX and freakzilla are sending you warm and cuddly images of Skins fans invading Seattle. Trust me, the Terrible Towelers have nothing on this guy, pictured above and below, in full Alexander regalia. I believe he rushes for more yards per carry than the genuine article.

My computer is about to die, so no more comments from me. Just pretty pictures. The bottom one shows the post-game scrums surrounding two Skins running backs. Not sure how many reporters were surrounding this guy.

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 25, 2008; 9:48 AM ET
Categories:  Morning Look , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Zorn on Being Medium and Hip Hip Hooraying
Next: Clinton Portis, Grown and Classy

Comments

Yea verily, I say unto thee, hip hip hooray.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 25, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Dude in the first pic is probably the same age as Sean Alexander too.

I thought I was a hard core fan, but clearly with out a full NFL Padds, and spandex I am not.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 25, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Is that guy 9 on Halloween night? wow...he is too old to be wearing a jersey, let alone pants and a helmet...Im so proud to be a skins fan

Posted by: rc2223 | November 25, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

rc2223, you cannot imagine how funny it was to see this dude at the stadium. And the good people of Seattle were genuinely interested in seeing Shaun come back (see the media crowd for the dude who didn't even play) -- all the people I talked to were really eager to see him get into the game.

Then there's this guy, wearing the full Redskins uniform of an all-time-great Seahawks player who we signed off the street five minutes ago. It's impossible to convey how hilarious that was.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 25, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Hey, NateinthePDX--Is there a Redskins bar in Portland? I've been out here about a year, and I've just been watching games at my neighborhood bars around Clinton St., but I'd be stoked to know if there's a Redskins bar somewhere....

Posted by: Lunger | November 25, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Nate,

you rock dude!!! it was cool hooking up with you and freakzilla...just wish me and the lady woulda gotten off our arses and come out to dinner with you guys, diddy and jlac on saturday night...and next time you gotta check your messages before you go into the staduim!!!

that dude in the alexander uni was awesome...and thanks for submitting the top pick with me and lexie in it to the post...she is going to be sooo tickled when she sees she made the news paper...errr...web edition at least!!!

lexie is a local seattle 8 year old...but she is a skins fan for life after this weekend!!!

until next time...hail to 'em!!!

Posted by: deadskin | November 25, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Lunger, please give me a shout at nateinthepdx at gmail dot com.

We don't have a regular spot, we rove about like a band of gypsies... let's get in touch and see whether we can't make it happen.

Hail to 'em!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 25, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

deadskin, the pleasure was all mine in meeting you and your merry band.

I wish the Skins played at Seattle every year! ...as long as they won more than they lost, of course...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 25, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Wow! I actually contributed something of questionable value to an obscure portion of the Web site of a major news outlet.

If those high school guidance counselors could see me now.

Nate's right, the guy in the Alexander uniform was hilarious, and the perfect ending to this visit to Qwest, especially in context with the end-of-game timeline:

1. Skins are just running the clock. It's in the bag, baby!

2. Oh, crap! A fumble! OHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAP! It's a curse! We're doooomed!

3. Hell freakin' yeah! Springs with the INT to seal it! We finally won a game at Qwest!

4. Could this possibly get any better? What the --? It's Shaun Alexander's hilarious doppelganger! Yes! Yes, it COULD get better!

Probably also worth mentioning that about two minutes after meeting Shaun's double, we walked past a car with a life-sized bigfoot dummy strapped to the roof. I thought about stopping to find out what that was all about, but I figured I'd rather just leave that one to my imagination, lest the explanation be something mundane.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 26, 2008 2:10 AM | Report abuse

i was the redskins fan yelling "kick a field goal" whenever the redskins got into the red zone...all the hawks fans did not know what to do except laugh, and then we won...snap!

Posted by: Brian_P_McConnell | November 27, 2008 4:53 AM | Report abuse