Miss Virginia Takes On the Caps

Maybe you've read some of the incessant hockey-related coverage of Miss Virginia on On Frozen Blog. On. Anyhow, she was at the Caps' facility this morning, in full Penn State regalia, to face shots from Ohio State's own David Steckel and Sean Collins.

Due in part to excessive numbers of media members saying "This event was made for you!" I boycotted the actual contest, but I did hear her post-shot remarks.

"I only blocked one of Steckel's, but it was a lucky block," she said. "I blocked a couple of Collins's, but I don't think he was trying. I don't think either of them were trying. But they do play in the NHL, so what can I say."

By Dan Steinberg  |  December 9, 2008; 2:29 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Faces of Zorn III: Nausea and Confusion
Next: Portis vs. Zorn, the Quotes [Updated]

Comments

Now that is a misleading headline.

Or is it?

Posted by: Kev29 | December 9, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

BABE ALERT!

Posted by: ThisGuy | December 9, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Do you think they scored on her 5-hole? Aye-Oh!

Posted by: ewoldtk | December 9, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Steckel and Collins gave her face shots?? YOU SAID IT, DAN.

Posted by: Zornado | December 9, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

You can't just reference OFB and assume that people know what you're talking about. That site is nothing but jock-sniffing homerism of the most painful sort. Reading it kills brain cells.

Posted by: baddabing1 | December 9, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Steinz,

If we all sent you email saying "covering the Redskins was made for you," would you stop writing about them all the time?

Posted by: metatext | December 9, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

@ metatext: Steinz will be able to stop writing about the Redskins in 3 weeks when they fail to make the playoffs. To be fair he's writing to his audience, which (if you base it on comments) seems to be Skins-focused, no surprise there.

Great photo of Miss Virginia. Sounds like the event was fun, too bad Steinz "boycotted" it instead of chatting with a pretty girl who's also into sports. Great mental image of a sour-faced Steinz picketing the event...

Posted by: oc_ofb | December 9, 2008 11:42 PM | Report abuse