More Top-Flight Skins Quotes
One more week to wring every burgundy-and-gold click I can out of this team....Here are some of my favorite quotes of the past two days....
* "We got to the red zone and didn't make plays." -- Vinny Cerrato, on the unfortunately named Inside the Red Zone.
* "I'm becoming a Redskins fan because you have the guts to come on here and take the heat." -- Caller to Inside the Red Zone, on Cerrato's first Monday appearance in three weeks.
* "Bottom line is they did us a favor by not giving Westbrook the ball all day. Thank you." -- Cerrato, taunting Andy Reid on his show.
* "If I feel like I ain't been physical enough I try to get headbutts from my teammates. [Also] I do it myself, just try to get ready for contact. If that hurt, then I shouldn't play football." -- Fred Davis, explaining to me why he kept smashing his hands on his helmet while on the sidelines.
* "Last year, I met Mike Sellers. He surprised me at Redskins' Park by coming up from behind me and putting his hands around my neck and playfully choking me. I gave a pretty good jump. Now, I hadn't thought of this in a while, but redskinzfan420 mentioned in a Tailgate thread that he was choked by Big Mike too. So, I'm wondering how many of you are in the club? Have you been choked by Mike Sellers and if not, would you want to be?" -- Extreme Skins poster "Burgold," in perhaps the best message board thread of all time.
* "I'm from Wisconsin. Cold weather's nothing. The adrenaline keeps you warm." -- Casey Rabach, explaining why he refuses to wear sleeves under his jerseys or a coat on the sideline, even in weather like last night's. That's his arm, by the way. Jason Taylor had something similar on his mid-section, except probably four times bigger and twice as bloody.
* "You know, people listen to too many announcers, they don't believe their own lying eyes. They should watch the TV and figure it out for themselves and not listen to announcers." -- Greg Blache, commenting on comments about his defensive scheme.
* "The thing is for me it's not my start, it's how I finish. See, if I see somebody in front of me I'm gonna get him, and that's how I like to run, because I know I've got to go get him. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let me beat somebody in the 40." -- LaRon Landry, promising to beat Clinton Portis in a 40-yard dash re-match next summer.
* "Just kind of letting it do what it do. I figured if you're gonna be a warrior....You know, if you think about all the great warrior--Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun--I'm sure they didn't have nice haircuts. So I didn't want one neither." -- Marcus Washington, explaining his ever-expanding 'fro.
* "To me, the MVP of the game was our punter." -- Cerrato, repeatedly heaping great mounds of oversized praise on Ryan Plackemeier.
Posted by: xf888 | December 22, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.