Morning Look: This is Who Beat the Redskins

There are so many ways in which yesterday's loss to the Bengals constituted the low point of the 2008 Washington Redskins season. So far, anyhow. But I thought I'd offer three more reasons anyhow, since I'm feeling generous.

1) This guy above. He wore an orange bag on his head, before the game even started. To repeat: the Redskins lost to a team whose fans were wearing bags over their head before the game started.

So what does it say about you if you're worse than that team? It's like going to a funeral and being paler than the corpse. It's like driving past a car crash and seeing the participants rubbernecking in your direction. It's like strolling into an NHL dressing room and being told you smell bad.

2) These concession stands, above. I took this photo right about 12:30 pm. That would be 30 minutes before the kickoff of a 1 pm NFL football game. Take a moment to count how many people are in line. Now count again to make sure, if you'd like. That's right, the answer is zero.

I'm no expert in sound waves, but I'm pretty sure the noise made by zero people isn't enough to disrupt your standard NFL offense. You at least need one person. Preferably one with access to radio waves every Tuesday afternoon.

3) These people, pictured above. Yes, Redskins fans, your team lost to a franchise supported by bag-wearing, never-arriving depressives who believe that zubaz striped outerwear with protruding tails are the height of modern fashion.

So when's the Caps' next game, anyhow?

By Dan Steinberg  |  December 15, 2008; 9:52 AM ET
Categories:  Morning Look , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Skins Agony Quotes
Next: The Santana Moss Celebration Penalty

Comments

3,884 tickets available on StubHub for the Eagles game. A thousand or so on eBay. Plus the ones that have already been sold.

I predict 30,000 Eagles fans, 30,000 Redskins fans and 30,000 empty seats.

Posted by: Kev29 | December 15, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

i hope an Eagles fan buys my tickets for this weeks game that is for sale!!!

My 2009 tickets are now for sale as well ! As long as Cerrato is running this team, and doing the same thing year after year after year, I don't want any part of it!!!

ANOTHER FAILED BUSINESS VENTURE BY DANNY BOY! SELL THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: dupa3 | December 15, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Well dressing in orange and black stripped wearz can't be any worse than people wearing native american garb to a game, especially when they aren't native american.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | December 15, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

To expand, probably the only experience with native americans the folks who wear the NA wearz to FedEx is going to a casino.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | December 15, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

I was at the game and this is just a completely inaccurate depiction of the scene. I saw lots of people tailgating and having fun, the stadium was mostly full (although there were lots of skins fans) and there were tons of bengals fans wearing their gear and supporting the team. I guess there were lots of zubaz/tiger tail suit...things. So that's right. Which is nice.

Posted by: WrongDog | December 15, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Where is the coverage of the Cinci chili? That the only thing that town has going for it these days.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | December 15, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse