Plax as a Redskin: So Crazy, it Just Might Definitely Won't Happen

(By Julie Jacobson - AP)

Lindsay Applebaum here. The Agent known as Steinz is on vacation and left me to Bog-sit. I'll try to not cause any structural damage.

Plaxico Burress! Earlier this season, you were suspended two weeks for skipping practice. This past weekend, you accidentally shot yourself in the leg at a New York nightclub. You allegedly gave a fake name, Ron Mexico-style, at the hospital. Now your season is over and you could go to prison. What's the next logical stop on this whirlwind tour of buffoonery?

Why, the Washington Redskins, of course.

From Ryan Wilson of NFL Fanhouse:

I'm not naive enough to think another team won't give him a chance; Dan Snyder has been looking for a big-play wideout for a couple years now, and I'm sure he'd gladly sign Burress.

Isn't it a little bit soon for that? Because he could go to prison for at least a little while, right? And does he really deserve another chance?

Whatever. Forget all that, because heeeere come the crazies extremists (10 pages' worth) on ExtremeSkins.com:

dg28daman: I know this season isn't even close to being over with, but with the news of Giants ending Plax's season coming out, he could possibly become available this off season. We have GOT to make a play on this guy. I know a lot of you are going to point to his character concerns, but a player of his talent is too good to pass up.
skinfan2k: Honestly i dont care about character. I want to win. If he helps us win, I want him
[[ghost]]: I've always been a huge fan of his. His playing style is more lethal than TO's. At least you can jam and double Plax. Ask Al Harris and the Packers if playing against Plaxico physically is a good idea.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to sign Chad Ocho Cinco. And you know how fans haven't been happy with quarterback Jason Campbell? Yeah, it would probably make a whole lot of sense to pick up Michael Vick. Clinton Portis is hurting, man. Is OJ Simpson available?

I'm just kidding, of course, at least about Ocho Cinco. And I don't want to accuse Redskins fans of being anything except sane and rational and perfect in every way, so I won't. But you know what's what.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  December 3, 2008; 1:17 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Local Poll Week III: This Thing's Over
Next: Capital One Field at Byrd Stadium?

Comments

as much as i don't like burress (and don't want him to sign with the skins) if pacman can be reinstated anyone can

Posted by: jonthefisherman | December 3, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

The sad thing is that people were telling me - the day Vick was sentenced - that the Redskins were in the mix to sign him because Snyder likes to sign "Big names".

By the way, if you say that Snyder likes signing "Big names", you're a moron. Snyder, like every owner in the NFL, wants to sign GOOD PLAYERS - big name or not.

I'd be shocked if we saw Plax or Ocho Cinco here. We have two big rookies and while they probably won't turn out, they need more than half a season to prove themselves.

Not to mention Santana Moss is better than both of them anyway.

Posted by: redskins91 | December 3, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

hey Bonita glad to meet ya

Posted by: jonthefisherman | December 3, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

"Vick to Burris" will be heard a bit for some UFL team. So as I have rambled it has been written.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 3, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

lindsay applebaum..you got it goin on.

Posted by: burnsrb | December 3, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

A few years ago Burress to the Skins would've been more of a possibility. These last couple of years, Snyder hasn't really been throwing around the money at the Adam Archuletas of the NFL world like he used to.

Look at the acquisition of Deangelo Hall... simple short contract, not a lot of money, even though Hall's a big name. In years past, Hall would've been signed for 4 years and $25 million or some other exorbitant figure, with $18M guaranteed. It isn't how it used to be around here, but all people remember is the Archuletas, the Brunells, and the Chad Mortons.

Posted by: DCU_Rick | December 3, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

You can take the Crowd Noise blog away from Bonita Appleblog, but you can't take Bonita Appleblog away from the crowd noise.

Posted by: Lindemann777 | December 3, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Vick to Burress... ladies and gentlemen, your 2010 Oakland Raiders!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 3, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

The internets brings out the best of all of us. Thanks Dan, I hate that forum.

Posted by: trolly_time | December 3, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Worst Bog Post Ever!

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | December 3, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Jerry Jones will pick him up for the Cowboys when he gets cut by the Giants. Plax can rehab his image with Pac Man's and TO's help once he's there. Plus, Tank Johnson can sort him out with all the guns he might need.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | December 3, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Worst Bog Post Ever!

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | December 3, 2008 2:41 PM

What do I win?!?

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | December 3, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

This sounds like a real shot in the dark...

Posted by: randysbailin | December 3, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

As a cussing diehard Skins fan, I think Plex would fit in well. We need a tall rangy receiver with great skills for the game. If the Giants let him go, I hope Snyder places him on the 2009 team.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Posted by: Hillforprez | December 3, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

I don't think that Plax would be such a bad signing. We have a no nonsense team and he'd get a chance to play against Cough-coughlin which I assume that he doesn't like too much.

Posted by: charley42 | December 3, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

What do I win?!?

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | December 3, 2008 3:22 PM

Everyone will call you "Dan Steinberg" for the remainder of the time you post on the Bog?

Posted by: Lindemann777 | December 3, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: vmrg1974 | December 3, 2008 3:11 PM

Then, next thanksgiving we hear from madden as he stuffs his face with turduckien "there appears to be a shoot out on the dallas side line between the offense and the defense"

Posted by: alex35332 | December 3, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

"As a cussing diehard Skins fan, I think Plex would fit in well."

Where, exactly?

Not in the locker room.
Not on the practice field.
Not in team meetings.
Not in important games.

I mean, he seems to fit real nicely in the little fantasy world he's created where he's the center of the universe, but on a football team where locker room chemistry is important, he's best left out.

The Giants haven't been successful the past couple because because of him. They've been successful despite him.

Posted by: JimmieBise | December 3, 2008 6:27 PM | Report abuse

If they sign Plaxico, they should sign Michael Westbrook and Gardner, Rod. I could break out my old "Posse" poster and paste new faces on there.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 3, 2008 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Ain't no need to question the authority.....

Posted by: keino83 | December 3, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

1st time poster! Why am I compelled to post for the very first time? Because it's my duty as a Skins fan to denounce every one of the lunatics who even considered the thought that Plaxi Co. might be a good addition to this team. He is not elite. He has a significant height advantage over a few of the guys who cover him. He is not an elite, consummate football player. We've signed non-elite players to big contracts before, yes. But really, he is just beyond idiot. The only way you could be a bigger moron than Burress would be to think that paying him exorbitant amounts of money to ruin this team for years is anything less than 100% stupid.

Posted by: JohnnyBlades | December 4, 2008 8:26 AM | Report abuse

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Posted by: Hillforprez | December 3, 2008 3:47 PM
************

I'm not a Redskins fan, but I hope Snydre does exactly that, just because the Redskins have so much $ already tied up with the WR on their roster (Moss, the 2 guys from last years draft, Randle-El, etc.) putting Plax $alary on the skins book would guarantee the team will not be able to address their URGENT needs of depth in the OL and size and speed on the DL. Those 2 gaping holes are what are keeping the Redskins from going from an average-good team in the NFC to being a true contender.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | December 4, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

We should start a petition to bring back Crowd Noise. P Diddy, alex342354153, DCU Rick, Nate in the PDX you with me? Cart?

Posted by: redskins91 | December 4, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

I am all for it.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 4, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

I'm with you, redskins91, but I think Applebum kind of burned out on Crowd Noise, energy-wise... and come on, a blog about blogs... it kind of ate itself.

But what joy there was in the eating...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 4, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Deadskins starting receivers next year Chad Jhnson and Plaxico Buress. No Ol or DL help but Danny Boy predicts in Mar 09 the Deadskins are going to the Superbowl under new coach Bill Cowher and with these fine young men.

In January 2010 the Deadskins finish the season 2-14 and neith Buress or Johnson has
more than 20 receptions becuase of the OL.
Soup is sacked 75 times in the seven games he starts before he suffers a season ending injury.

Posted by: omarthetentmaker | December 5, 2008 8:06 AM | Report abuse

OJ GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER
(Grandma/Osama Got Run Over By a Reindeer)
WilliamBanzai7

(chorus)
OJ got run over by a reindeer
Walking out of his cell Christmas eve
You can say there's no such thing as Santa
But as for the Goldmans and the Browns they believe

He'd been caught robbing football memorabilia
So the jury said he had to go
But as he sat in his cell block
Defiant as he was, he said, "Hell, no!"

When we found him Christmas morning
It was clear he'd been attacked
There was a note stuck to his forehead
It said, "Its over Simpson time for some pay back!"

(repeat chorus)

Now we're all so proud of Johnny Cochran
He's been taking this so well
See him in his office
Knowing that Simpsons going to be joining him in celebrity H-e-l-l

It's bad for business without OJ
No more TV trials and Court TV quacks.
And we just can't help but wonder
Will Ford use bailout money to buy that Bronco back?

(repeat chorus)

Now the famous glove is on the table
See Marcia Clark dance a jig (Ah!)
And the famous blood stained Bruno Magli foot print
That F Lee Bailey claimed was rigged!

Well theres a moral to this story
Celebrity wife murderers watch out for yourselves!
You should not be using guns and two bit hoodlums
Stealing back all the celebrity junk you once had to sell!

(repeat chorus)