Some Purple Prose

Seeing this sign all over Bank Stadium last night made me think of that famous line from The Princess Bride: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

But other than that, I don't have many bad words to say about the Ravens game experience. The parking is a breeze. The stadium is a dream. The wireless is free. The view is grand. I heard Minister of Disinformation Larry Michael on the radio yesterday afternoon, complaining that the parking in Baltimore is so much more scattered than at FedEx Field. It was a pure alternate reality moment.

My only real complaint would be the purple. It's just not very attractive to these ideas. Give me browns and tans and beiges and grays every time, especially for Baltimore in December. I mean, you don't associate neon green with Washington, D.C., and you shouldn't associate purple with downtown Baltimore.

By Dan Steinberg  |  December 8, 2008; 11:01 AM ET
Categories:  NFL , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Look: That Was a Good Weekend
Next: A Classic Snyder Jersey

Comments

There is no such thing as a purple raven. Baltimore has one of the few teams that can justify a black uniform with no questions asked, Not like philly or Detroit or Jax, who does it to look retarded.
Baltimore should burn the purple uniforms and wear black all the time.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 8, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Purple looks good on Baltimore. Nobody ever criticizes Maroon and Black.

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | December 8, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

It's a simple matter of phonetic spelling:

"I was craven' a crab cake but instead I et a hot dog en warshed it deauwn with a Natty Bo, hon!"

Posted by: fitzfacts | December 8, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

I heard Minister of Disinformation Larry Michael

Don't you mean minister of propaganda

Posted by: jonthefisherman | December 8, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I would definitely have gone with something like "The Cravin' Raven". Though even that stinks.

Craven is the perfect word for these Baltimore fans! Har de har har.

[Craven Cottage?]

[something about Cliff Clavin?]

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 8, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Maybe those places are just where the pathetic, the beaten, and the depressed are supposed to go to get food. I bet the staff is trained to avoid eye-contact, which would make the craven individual uncomfortable to say the least.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | December 8, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse