Welcome to Cincinnati
Things you will see on a Week 15 game day in Cincinnati.
1) Six Redskins fans in your hotel elevator, discussing where they're from back East and how many Redskins fans they've seen here. "In Hooters last night, it was all Redskins fans," said one chap, who, in a major shock, hailed from West Virginia.
2) Current fan ratio inside the stadium? Maybe 60-40. For the Redskins.
3) The billboard, above. Sure, it got lots of attention when it debuted in November, but it's a pretty jarring sight on your way to Paul Brown Stadium. I'm trying to think if any other NFL franchise could use a legitimate general manager. Hmmm......nope, can't think of any.
4) Vinny Cerrato, in a pretty fantastic gray suit and a burgundy and gold tie, having a pre-game chat in the press room with Larry, Sonny and Sam. By the way, there's a rumor swirling up here that Inside the Red Zone will, again, be benched tomorrow. Long flight back from Ohio, I guess.
[UPDATE: Confirmed. No show tomorrow. No inside scoop for the fans this week. This decision was made before kickoff, and conveyed to the press corps before kickoff.]
5) A vibrant and lively and electric tailgating scene. In the same way that a West Palm Beach Tuesday morning bridge club meeting would be vibrant and lively and electric.
The comments to this entry are closed.