Coach K, Ref Touching and Kornheiser

* Georgetown fans remain livid about the Duke result, calling the Greg Monroe technical "blatantly shady and Donaghy-eque." In their rage, though, they produced the above image, which shows that anger actually can yield peacefulness. (Hire Esherick)

* Seth Davis talks D.C. sports, among other things, telling a blogger that "my main sports obsession growing up was the Washington Redskins. We had season tickets to the games at RFK Stadium, and I considered that my second home. The first college basketball player I got crazy about was Maryland forward Len Bias. He is still the best college player I ever saw in person." And yet he also says he rooted for Georgetown, which I still say is against the rules. (Storming the Floor)

* Tony Kornheiser's latest appearance on the On the DL Podcast might be the closest approximation to his radio show for a while. Actually, I told my wife the other day that this is the time when I really miss that show, because who else would spend 30 minutes a day on American Idol? Tony, on whether he regrets not yodeling on the AM dial:

Yes, I regret it enormously. It's probably what I do best. I would point out that I don't have any offers, so it's very hard to come back, when nobody has said, 'here's an offer.' I mean, I can't invent my own radio station, can I? What should I do? Should I put some tin foil on my head and attach a wire through my nose and just begin broadcasting? Is that how it works?

Plus more on Obama, Cindy Boren, the inaugural balls and Idol. (On the DL)

* I'm pretty sure this isn't fake: The Wizznutzz have entered into a t-shirt-selling partnership with Charles Oakley's car wash. (The Wizznutzz)

* And yeah, of course Tigger was wearing an Obama '08 Wiz jersey court-side last week. With similar Skins (here AND here) and Caps sightings (here) already in the books, we just need the Nats and DCU versions to complete the cycle. (Truth About It)

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 22, 2009; 9:58 AM ET
Categories:  College Basketball , Media , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Caps TV Ratings on Record Pace
Next: In Praise of Collin Balester's Blog

Comments

"I would point out that I don't have any offers, so it's very hard to come back, when nobody has said, 'here's an offer.' I mean, I can't invent my own radio station, can I?"

Add that to the growing list of reasons to hate Dan Snyder.

Posted by: Kev29 | January 22, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Can Some of you post guys please please please replace the tape delayed Jim Rome Show on 106.7?

I would take Tony, Dan and Bonita talking local sports over, Jim 'West Coast Rocks, in spite of the fact that they don't win as many championships, I have a stroke and leave dead air half the show" Rome.

Posted by: alex35332 | January 22, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Why does every post in the SPORTS bog have to have an Obama reference? You libs at the Washington Post love Obama. We get it.

Posted by: davekempson | January 22, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I think he means, "Offers that include enough dime for me to consider them." I hear the FCC is ramping back up low power FM stations, and this time you can go urban. Perhaps Mr. Tony has a garage? I'd love some more better Nissan technology pimpige running through my podcasts again. Or maybe the Cadillac that turns what's his face news guy on? What other reads were there?

There's money to be made, Mr. Tony, money to be made.

Posted by: WorstSeat | January 22, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Man I'm pissed. Not about sports though. About WALL-E.

Posted by: MaxWass | January 22, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Of the 10 posts on the frontpage of the sports bog, 3 have a President Obama reference. That's 30% in a week where record crowds descended on DC and millions stood outside for his history making inauguration. It's unthinkable that something that is local, national, and international news would make its way into pop culture and sports. I guess we need more random political stuff in the bog that mentions the other side of the spectrum. Oh wait, we've had that too. What's the hockey mom up to right now? What does Pat Sajak think of her? What was the complaint?

I'd like to personally welcome America's most famous soccer parents to DC. I'd love to see things go full circle and see Malia on the Washington Freedom

Posted by: sitruc | January 22, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

This is exactly when we DON'T need TK back on the radio.

His obsession with American Idol is one of the things that ruined the most recent version of the radio show.

Posted by: metatext | January 23, 2009 11:08 PM | Report abuse