Morning Look: A Palin Caps Jersey

And here, I suppose, is the answer to the Redskins fan spotted rocking the Barack Obama '08 jersey this autumn. Behold, the Palin '12 Caps model, debuted sometime in the past week or so, according to reader Brian, who sent in the pic. If you want to send in an explanation, Mr. Palin Supporter (or you, Mr. Leonhardt supporter), the inbox is open.

Also, I'll give 50 cents to the first person who sends me a photo of a Nader 04 Bullets shirt.

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 9, 2009; 7:49 AM ET
Categories:  Caps , Morning Look
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Donald Brashear Learns Russian
Next: Ovechkin, Brashear and Fighting

Comments

I am guessing Ralph has some jersey, he is after-all a sports fan., I know he is a yankees guy back from the old Lou Gehrig days, and most the time I have seen him he is very dress casual.

Here is a video I did with him durring the elections if you missed it.

Posted by: alex35332 | January 9, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Don't care which side of the aisle you are on. That is an absolute insult to one of the best Capitals to ever put on the RW&B (or in his case, Black and Gold and Blue...

Yes, I understand what the 12 is for. Guess it's time we retire Pete's 12 before more of these show up.

Posted by: FFSEnough | January 9, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

I just...I can't...

Posted by: Section117 | January 9, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

What a waste of both money and a jersey.

Posted by: FlyersSuck | January 9, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

The only name that belongs on the back of a #12 Caps jersey is BONDRA.

I hope his number is raised to the rafters next year.

Posted by: Liebercreep | January 9, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Arctic FAIL!

Posted by: MaxWass | January 9, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Nice turtleneck...

Posted by: DC2CNY | January 9, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

disgusting. leave sports away from politics.

Posted by: goskinsgo | January 9, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

That's just embarassing for that guy. 'Dweeb' has reached a whole new level.

Posted by: ThisGuy | January 9, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Regardless of where you sit on the political spectrum, someone needs to give that dude a wedgie.

Posted by: disgruntledfan | January 9, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Of all the sports, hockey is the most inline with socialist ethics, and yet most hockey fans I know are libertarians and right-wingers.
Go figure.

Posted by: afreeman3 | January 9, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse

At one point I joked about getting two Caps sweaters for Ms1995hoo and myself that read "SARAH 20" and "PALIN 12" (with her sitting to the left so that it reads properly). Of course in reality I would never do that, but it sounds as though someone saw my post and liked the idea.

Posted by: 1995hoo | January 9, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

BOOO!

Posted by: EBC1 | January 9, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Ugh.
Hockey Mamas for Obama!
Let's Go Caps!

Posted by: jhershb | January 9, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

I sincerely hope she's the Republican candidate for 2012. That'd be an ever bigger landslide win for Obama.

"Hi, I advocate abstinence-only sexual education, yet have a knocked-up teenage daughter..."

Posted by: alecw81 | January 9, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Palin > Snyder

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | January 9, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I like when we talk about hockey.

Posted by: MarylanDChris | January 9, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Posted by: JillC | January 9, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

I can't even imagine having that kind of money just to waste.....

Posted by: hockeygrl76 | January 9, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

JERSEY FOUL! pew pew!

Posted by: jburksva | January 9, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad I left the DC area. To many whiny liberals. It's very amusing how many of you are taken aback by a Palin jersey. As long as you live in the DC area everything becomes tarnished by politics. I suggest you get over it. Go Caps!

Posted by: dg20361 | January 9, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Not worth the $7 it would cost to dump a Verizon Center beer on his head.

Posted by: stormblue | January 9, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

No true Caps fan would use Bondra's Jersey number for something like this.

The jersey qualifies as an "EPIC FAIL".

Posted by: auntbea2 | January 9, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

She looks different somehow...

Posted by: Krazijoe | January 9, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Whiny liberals?

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the din of the million-plus revelers on their way for the inauguration.

Posted by: alecw81 | January 9, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Posted by: Chris57 | January 9, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

I really hope that is a really fat girl with short hair wearing that. Because if it was a guy wearing a sweet turtleneck I might have to puke over the balcony onto his head.

Posted by: mnmnt_snow | January 9, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dg20361 | January 9, 2009 2:00 PM

I should puke on your face after I puke on that guy.

Posted by: mnmnt_snow | January 9, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Everytime some doofus says "I just threw up in my mouth...", I want to throw up on him.

Posted by: capsfan77 | January 10, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse