Suggs on Geisinger: "Hilarious"

Remember when all the Redskins' tackles got hurt against Baltimore, and so, for one brief shining moment, the job of blocking Terrell Suggs one-on-one fell to Justin Geisinger? And remember how Suggs told Jim Zorn that there must be some mistake. Yeah, well Suggs remembers too. From his conversation with Chris Cooley:

Suggs: But I did laugh when they brung in that center or whatever and put him at tackle. That was kind of hilarious. He was like 6 foot maybe 300 and something pounds and I was like "Oh my God. They got this guy at tackle."

Cooley: I know and you beat him for a sack the first play. It was embarrassing.

Suggs: Ya.

Cooley: We had no other option....

Suggs: I know I know. Y'all was down, y'all was depleted. But I don't laugh man. I just try not to get my ass whooped [sic].

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 14, 2009; 6:43 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Limonada, Champ Bailey and a Fake FedEx Field
Next: Caps and Wiz: One Up, One Down

Comments

How does Chris Cooley support the Ravens more than Skins fans?

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | January 14, 2009 8:07 PM | Report abuse

WTF are you talking about Stet?

Posted by: cooleyfans | January 14, 2009 8:25 PM | Report abuse

stet's trying to get traffic for his blog, and to talk smack as a ravens fan...

I'm kinda glad Suggs got booed the more Steinz writes about him.

Posted by: trolly_time | January 14, 2009 9:20 PM | Report abuse

This highlights why Zorn has a long way to go as a coach. All we heard from Zorn was that the scheme was fine, and only execution was the problem. Well anybody can "scheme" for Justin Geisinger to block Terrell Suggs 1-on-1 and dream it to perfection. Expecting Geisinger to execute it in live play, however, would only come from the most delusional coach.

Posted by: psps23 | January 14, 2009 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Kinda' like LORENZO ALEXANDER on a wide-out.

Posted by: glawrence007 | January 14, 2009 10:27 PM | Report abuse

Why the [sic]? He seems to have used whooped correctly there.

Posted by: WorstSeat | January 15, 2009 8:06 PM | Report abuse