The Caps Metallica Experience, in Pictures

Ok, so there weren't necessarily hundreds of high-quality Caps-Metallica pics flying into my inbox, but we'll take what we can get. Some more notes on last night's show, featuring a guest appearance from noted metal fan Alex Ovechkin.

1) Yes, Donald Brashear was also there. Apparently it was his second Metallica show, having also seen the group in Quebec City.

2) Longtime reader Colin wrote in to say that, as he was leaving, he saw Mike Green buying t-shirts. And then came an e-mail from Tyler, who yanked the above photo from Facebook. Indeed, Green appears to value the Metallica clothing line.

3) This photo of Ovechkin came from reader Andrew Merewitz. Thanks, Andrew. And jeez, makes the show look pretty exciting.

4) And this one came from reader Taylor, along with a story.

"This is a really bad picture, as you will see," Taylor wrote, "but it is Ovechkin at Metallica last night. I met them (Ovie and Green) when they were coming in and the woman checking wristbands wouldn't let them in! Ovie had to run off and get some guy to give them wristbands.

Anyway, this pic was during 'Enter Sandman' before the encore, I was a little [excessively happy thanks to fermentable beverages], and there were lights flashing and people moving all over the place. That's why the picture is no good."

I'll beg to differ on that account. I think the photo is a pretty perfect summation of what I was looking for.

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 16, 2009; 12:19 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Look: Wilbon, Ovechkin and Metallica
Next: Inauguration Overload?

Comments

Nice! But good thing there's no game today... ;-)

Posted by: JillC | January 16, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I didn't know faux hawks were allowed at a Metallica show.

Posted by: the_ocho | January 16, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Shoot, James himself was sporting a faux hawk on stage! How cool are the Caps huh? It was an awesome Metallica show with some awesome hockey players in the crowd.

Posted by: 1chazmo | January 16, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Sidney would have been up in a suite, probably complaining that it was too loud.

Posted by: Zornado | January 16, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Caps > Wizards

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | January 16, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Was down on the floor last night and man was that awesome! I still have ringing in my ears. However, now I'm shooting myself for not going around enough to meeting up with Ovie, Green and Brash.

Posted by: jetfan85 | January 16, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Am i the only one who thinks Green looks absolutely stoned in that picture?

Posted by: Semvechkin | January 16, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

No Cooley?

Posted by: jhorstma | January 16, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Anyone try to fight Brashear? Any D.C Area Flyer or Penguin fan was certainly at that show last night. Especially the cool guy I saw at the Flyers game with a mohawk and Flyers tattooed on his head...What an idiot...

Posted by: SA-Town | January 16, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

The dude in the Greener photo is the brother-in-law of a friend of mine. You might want to get his permission to post this since it was on Facebook.

Posted by: bumperhead | January 16, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Once you put it on the 'net you lose all expectation of privacy unless you copywrite the photo

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 19, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse