Who's Worse: LeBron or Crosby?

In one massive burst of intergalactic Web links, suddenly every sports site in the world is trumpeting tonight's meeting of Ovie vs. Malkin and Semin vs. Crosby and Ovie vs. Crosby and Ben's vs. Primanti Brothers. I mean, GW is playing at Duquesne tonight, in some more D.C.-on-Pittsburgh grudge-matching, and no one's saying a peep? How is that fair?

Like, see Deadspin and the New York Times and TSN and FanHouse and Tarik and SI and the AP.

Which got me thinking. I know we have lots of competition, but is there any city in which the diehard sports fans have more reason to hate the sporting golden boys of LeBron James and Sidney Crosby? Add in the gurgling bad feelings toward one of MLB's highest paid players, who strung along the Nats for weeks while he waited to cash his pin-striped checks, and D.C. sports fans are free to hate three sporting supernovas.

So, as we count down the hours till the Pens-Caps showdown, please rank your hatred.

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 14, 2009; 2:50 PM ET
Categories:  Caps , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Canadian Inaugural Tailgates, Racing Presidents, Etc.
Next: Limonada, Champ Bailey and a Fake FedEx Field

Comments

does this set up DC to be framed as being an A-hole city to the rest of the US for hating the "chosen ones" of sports?

well at least people everywhere seem to be getting tired of king crab's arrogance...

Posted by: yukiwith2us | January 14, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Lebron. It's the "hey everybody, look at me" powder show Lebron puts on before tip-off that does it for me.

...and the traveling

...and the scowling and prancing around after making a routine play

...and the winning. The winning pisses me off too.

Posted by: tha_prophet | January 14, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Colm1 | January 14, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

I respect LeBron's athleticism and humor. He is annoying, though.

I'm not exactly sure who Mark Teixeira is, but Wikipedia tells me he's a Yankee, and thus a hateable entity.

But Crosby... Yeah. Crosby. Easily.

Posted by: B_A_ | January 14, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Who cares about pro basketball?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 14, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

"At least Lebron and Teixera are talented. Crosby just hangs out until a puck comes his way."

Funny how that happens to elite players.

Posted by: NoVAHockey | January 14, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Once Crosby cheats to advance his team in the playoffs, then I'll consider him.

Posted by: ewoldtk | January 14, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Yeah Crosby

Posted by: chantilly1 | January 14, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Teixeira doesn't have a Gatorade deal to my knowledge, so I'll go with him.

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | January 14, 2009 7:50 PM | Report abuse

Haters! If Lebron came to the Wizards in 2010, you'd sing a different tune...

Posted by: kaygeekay | January 14, 2009 11:32 PM | Report abuse