It's Dmitri Young

As requested, visual proof of Dmitri Young's appearance on the practice fields this afternoon. This was immediately following a series of running drills that a bunch of players did together, with several jokingly collapsing on the ground after they finished. Young, who did the drills with his hat on backwards, wasn't one of them. And he seemed to be in great spirits, although, as mentioned earlier, he said he wouldn't be talking to the media this season.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 18, 2009; 2:21 PM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Adam Dunn Hits
Next: Elijah Dukes: "Everybody Vibing"

Comments

Nice. I think he's coming in at a sweet 325 lbs.

Posted by: MDG26 | February 18, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Cool - thanks for the pics. Your bosses should give you a raise! :-D

Meat Hook looks like he's lost weight (though that is a baggy tee). I like the goatee - very King Tut.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | February 18, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Wow, 1a, you weren't kidding. The place to get ST news appears to be the Bog. I'll be here more often.

Posted by: Section506 | February 18, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure the media in Syracuse will eventually get used to Dmitri not talking with them. They can start referring to him as "reclusive local millionaire Dmitri Young." Maybe even get a picture of him handing some little crippled kid a dime.

Posted by: nunof1 | February 18, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Dmitri looks all set to play the "mountain" position, if that existed. For baseball, I'm not so sure.

Posted by: Lindemann777 | February 18, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

He's no longer the Meat Hook - henceforth, he is the Meat Locker.

Spread the word!

Posted by: Franklin92 | February 18, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

yay! Thank you.

Posted by: jasper12 | February 18, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Where's the woman who objected when I called Dmitri "Tons O' Fun" every time he was at bat last year? He's now "Metric Tons O' Fun" to me.

Posted by: Lindemann777 | February 18, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Good god, that's beautiful.

Posted by: eangevine | February 18, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

That picture shows at least 300 reasons why I dropped my Nats season tix.

Posted by: ElGordo9 | February 18, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Way to get Pena in the frame. That's what we call "juxtaposition" in the biz.

Of course, I don't know what business that is, to be honest.

Posted by: JohninMpls | February 18, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

*That picture shows at least 300 reasons why I dropped my Nats season tix.*

Posted by: ElGordo9 | February 18, 2009 4:52 PM

************************

That's just sad. Sad if it's true, but even if it isn't, sad that you'd still say this.

I love these pics. He looked just like this in 07 and I didn't hear anyone complaining then...

Posted by: NatsNut | February 18, 2009 7:04 PM | Report abuse

You sure that's not Da Caveman working out to get ready for the Super Bowl?

i think the world would explode if Sellers and Dmitri Young joined forces on a Wrestling Tag team.

Posted by: mbhowa | February 19, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

That's what is called "getting his weight under control," eh? I hope never to have my weight under control. Ladies and gentlemen, that's a "professional athlete." What a joke.

Posted by: Incredulous2 | February 23, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse