Maybe We Need Some New Poster Boys

I've gone to two venues for practices featuring two local teams this week, and this is what I've seen.

I mean, does the White House still have massive W. banners all over the place? Is the National Symphony still relying on Leonard Slatkin ad campaigns? Is American Idol still featuring Bikini Girl clips? Do the Redskins highlight ex-players at every opportunity? Is The Post still promoting the hell out of Tony Kornheiser?

Ok, don't answer those last few.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 5, 2009; 9:50 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United , Morning Look , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bruce Boudreau Doesn't Like Morning Skates
Next: The Economy, and Your Redskins Tickets

Comments

To be fair, DCU had posters of like 90% of the roster up. That one just happens to be above the main gate.......

Posted by: cstoneno37 | February 5, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

I don't mind HOF guys having a poster still up. But I think this is just Dan's diabolical attempt to try and get Cindy and the bosses to put his face at the top of the sports section.

Posted by: alex35332 | February 5, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Lets get a Michael Phelps banner up stat.

Posted by: stormblue | February 5, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Hey Dan! Do us a favor and climb your smart @$$ up there and cut that damn Gallardo banner down.
They can barely be troubled to flush out the beer taps or replace toilet paper at RFK, what makes you think anyone even notices that thing up there?

Posted by: DadRyan | February 5, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Or maybe you could find a big picture of Christian Gomez'z head and paste it over Marcelo's?

Posted by: DadRyan | February 5, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

An outdated thing at RFK? I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say!

Posted by: Section117 | February 5, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Yeah David Beckham!! (my future jersey: http://www.soccerbox.com/internationalteams/acmilanshop/beckham-ac-milan-home-shirt.html)

Just kidding lads. Though stumbling on this post I don't think you have anything to worry about. We're about to host the next soccer world cup and, to be honest, you don't see ANYTHING about the local teams on TV (ok, I don't watch a lot of TV), on posters or just the media in general. It's a shame really, as they'd probably get more support that way.

Mind, I know that your post is more with reference to sports in general, but being a footie fan...

Posted by: leoh1 | February 6, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse