Ovechkin Tries to Kill Himself, Mike Green

When Mike Green was asked a few weeks ago whether his two goals spiced up his Day in the Life segment for the NHL Network, here's what he said.

"I guess so. I think they were more excited about our little event before the game, when me and Ovi were driving in a cart and we almost crashed into the door. You'll see it. We were just driving this little golf cart thing, we almost took our heads off. Actually, Ovi did, he almost killed me."

The footage is out, and Green appears to have been telling the truth.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 24, 2009; 4:09 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Penguins Fans' Latest Target: Chris Cooley
Next: Club Scarlet and Ovie Love

Comments

I saw that video on NHL.com and I almost screamed out loud! I never want to see them doing that again, they could have killed themselves! ahhh! DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN, or I will have a heart attack!

Posted by: rachel216 | February 24, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Bwahahaha!!!!

Posted by: mugod | February 24, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

oh my God i almost had a heart attack!

Posted by: DER27 | February 24, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gregegeg | February 24, 2009 5:30 PM | Report abuse

gregegeg

"while this behaviour does embody stupidity...do you think this is an appropriate title for a thread??"

Seriously?!? Do you have any fun in life....or are you serious all of the time? Your statement embodies one of the biggest problems in this country today.

Posted by: Yoshietree | February 24, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

/not htmly in this thread?

Posted by: Yoshietree | February 24, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

I am guessing that once Ted and GMGM see this video there will be more "going for a ride" for those two. that's $150 million dollars worth of recklessness.

Posted by: finnmeg | February 24, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Now that I'm done laughing...

Note to Ted: Get more OV insurance... a lot more.

Posted by: tmac2yao | February 24, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Jeez, that was close! Very Indiana Jones.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | February 24, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

havent we all been there

Posted by: alex35332 | February 24, 2009 8:10 PM | Report abuse

The words I screamed when watching that are innapropriate for this bog.

Posted by: sitruc | February 24, 2009 8:57 PM | Report abuse

i love this blog.

however i think their insurance premiums went up. haha

Posted by: MNMNT | February 25, 2009 1:47 AM | Report abuse

The guy who put the garage door down should be fired.

Posted by: SA-Town | February 25, 2009 7:42 AM | Report abuse

Need more Cowbell

Posted by: alex35332 | February 25, 2009 8:20 AM | Report abuse

That was only a close call for the door. Clearly if Ovie head would have connected with the door it would have been dust.

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 25, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

i think we need to start enlikening OV to chuck norris.

Posted by: skinzfan4 | February 25, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

I'm not sure who I blame more - Greenie for actually getting into a moving vehicle that Ovie's driving, or Ovie himself ...

Posted by: smccloskey2 | February 25, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I have to find a way to get that to loop on my laptop!!! Risky? Yes! Stupid? Probably! Funny? Absolutely!!!!

Posted by: j3rockstar | February 25, 2009 1:20 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if the incident with Joe Sakic and the snow-blower started like this????

Posted by: j3rockstar | February 25, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

If i had seen that happening live, I may have had a heart attack

Posted by: SombreroGuy | February 25, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse