D.C. Armor Media Day
I actually didn't make it to D.C. Armor Media Day this morning, instead choosing to sit at my desk and stare at this computer screen. Still, it's worth noting that the team has everything any good indoor football team requires.
1) A dance team with a catchy name. I'm actually not sure what "The Body Armor" connotes, exactly, and it's certainly not as racy as Under Armor might have been. But the Body Armor does have team and individual photos up on its Web site, which is more than the Armor Armor can say.
2) A former NFL star. Ok, maybe Randy Hymes was never a superstar, but he did start 12 games for the Ravens, catching four NFL touchdowns. Plus I've heard of him.
3) This one guy named Phillip Hofferderth. Not to be confused with the Philip Hofferberth who recently suited up for the Galveston Thunder. Totally different guy. Imagine how hard it is for those guys when shopping their services to new teams, though; "No, no, two Ls and a D, not one L and a B."
4) Wait, Roland Minor? I've heard of him too.
5) And, last but not least, a perky TV morning personality who comes out, says things like this--"
This team is truly stacked with talent; in fact the word on the street is they probably won't even make it through th season without several of the players being picked up by the NFL"--and then goes through some drills while wearing an Armor uniform. That's my favorite part of indoor football season.
March 10, 2009; 2:13 PM ET
Categories: Minor League Football
Save & Share: Previous: Penguins Fans and You
Next: Jason Bergmann on Pitch Counts and Existential Despair
Posted by: VTDuffman | March 10, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: kingrob76 | March 10, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: mitchpitt | March 10, 2009 11:50 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: alex35332 | March 11, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.