D.C. United Joins Ridiculous Ad Campaign Trend

Eastern Motors boss Robert Bassam has publicly said he's unlikely ever to sign up a D.C. United player. But that's ok, but they're handling the "ridiculous ad campaign spot" requirements just fine without his luxury cars, thanks very much. See below.

True story: I often stay at Fairfield Inn instead of their more costly Marriott siblings because I love those really cheap bagels you get at their free breakfast, and you don't have to pay for the wireless access. Though I'm sure it drives co-workers crazy, since we're all supposed to stay at equally expensive hotels so The Post can't unfavorably compare our expense reports.

Anyhow, great job guys. I especially loved your playful interactions with the friendly and genuine-seeming Fairfield Inn employees. And Namoff, how about you update that Twitter feed at halftime next game, ok?

(Via Soccer Insider)

By Dan Steinberg  |  March 31, 2009; 12:19 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bemidji Excitement
Next: Donald Brashear to Chirpers: "Come and See Me"

Comments

Why don't you just go to the game and twitter yourself Dan? Bout time you wrote anything about the bestest team in town...

Posted by: DadRyan | March 31, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

It's worth noting that 5 of Namoff's 11 tweets are about eating.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | March 31, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure how I feel about the bog covering United anymore. 2008 didn't happen so the bog curse may be back. (Un)Fortunately, the bogman's greatest "voices" rival had this a little earlier than the bog.

Posted by: sitruc | March 31, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I know where I'll be staying on the road.

Awesome spot!

Now if we could just see it on TV...

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: jayrockers | March 31, 2009 10:11 PM | Report abuse

The music's drum track reminded me of a mid-'80s Casio keyboard.
Awful.

Posted by: WaPoGuy | April 2, 2009 12:36 AM | Report abuse

I did forget to mention, however, that Ben Olsen is the Man.
GO, UNITED!