Bite Marks, Goal Calls, Acta Blogs, Rugby Votes
Many things I've wanted to link to in recent days....
First off, the news is that Donald Brashear is out for six games. A quote from Mike Green:
"He obviously has a presence on the ice and makes guys look behind them whenever he's out there," Green said. "Not only that, in the dressing room he's great with helping us out. But we're all gonna have to step up our game, be a little more physical, because we're gonna be missing that key component with him out....Clarkie's a feisty guy, maybe he'll get in there and fill his spot, but that's what playoffs is all about, guys stepping up."
* Brandon Dubinsky showed bite marks to NYC reporters. That's gross. He also said he's taking antibiotics. Morrisonn must have some weird germs. (Ranger Rants)
* Tony Limarzi's goal call for D.C. United's game-winning goal yesterday was stupendous. Really stupendous. (Behind the Badge)
* Vote for D.C. to get a team in a new pro rugby league. (National Rugby League)
* Steve Czaban's morning show is being yanked off a Daniel Snyder-owned station in Norfolk. (DCRTV)
* "It's good, all of it's good, from the (poorly) choreographed 50-goal celebration in Tampa, to the glass-thumping, skate-hopping merriment following essentially every goal his team scores with Ovechkin on the ice, to the hip-bump hop with Nicklas Backstrom following Washington victories." That's Larry Brooks, and I heard from several Rangers fans yesterday who said it was a pleasure for them to watch No. 8. (N.Y. Post)
* Filip Bondy: "The Nats are the Nats. They may be Bud Selig's greatest enduring embarrassment, not involving steroids, uniquely incompetent and unsympathetic. They have a new stadium in the nation's capital, the result of long-term blackmailing. They're owned by a billionaire, Ted Lerner. Their ex-GM, Jim Bowden, has been investigated for skimming bonus money." Etc. (N.Y. Daily News)
* DC sweeps NYC. (We Love DC)
* Follow D.C. athletes like Chase Daniel and Devin Thomas at AthleteTweets.com.
* Predict when the Nats will lose their 100th game. (Nats Lose 100)
* Find out whether Manny Acta has been fired. Today's status update: No. (Has Manny Acta Been Fired Yet)
* Here's a possibly homophobic song about Sean Avery. (Cuddler Music)
* And here are anti-Avery t-shirts. (Zazzle)
* And a vote for the Wizards to keep their title as the most fun team in the NBA. (Real Clear Sports)
April 27, 2009; 4:04 PM ET
Categories: Caps , D.C. United , Media , Nats , Redskins , Rugby
Save & Share: Previous: Brian Orakpo: RAK Tattoos, a Second Skins Stint
Next: The Bearded Caps Fan in the White T-Shirt
Posted by: SarahM28 | April 27, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Kev29 | April 27, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: WebberDC | April 27, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: TheFingerman | April 27, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: WebberDC | April 27, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: sitruc | April 27, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: DadRyan | April 27, 2009 11:08 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: mikey999 | April 28, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.