Gilbert Sets Charles Barkley Straight

It just doesn't seem fair that we were robbed of two years of this. Supposedly that makes things sweeter now.

(Via Bullets Forever)

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 3, 2009; 11:29 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Fred Smoot on Drafting Fat Boys
Next: Meet Murphy Jensen, Redskins Fan

Comments

Nice that the Wiz beat Cleveland when it didn't mean a thing, huh? But the franchise would be a whole lot better off if Arenas and Haywood were sitting and they were still losing. At this point, the idea is to get the most balls in the Griffin lottery, right?

Posted by: poguesmahone | April 3, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Gilbert said, It happens. Winning Happens! Who would have thought? I for one never like to see my team lose no matter what it means for a draft.

I'm just glad to be able to enjoy watching this team again.

Posted by: dkrod | April 3, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

I was happy to see that someone on the Wiz team had enough chutzpah to put Barkley and his fat behind in his place. You go Gil!

Posted by: ivyleague | April 3, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

I laughed hard last night when Gil said that after Barkley completely dogged the Wizards at the half. That was a great win last night and a sign of good things to come next year--no matter what dem haters say. I'm psyched to see tomorrow's game in person. GO WIZARDS!!

Posted by: thebone | April 3, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: poguesmahone | April 3, 2009 11:53 AM

Ok Nostradamus. Apparently if we bench our healthy stars, we are guaranteed to get a higher draft pick. There was a reason the league instituted the lottery many years ago, but apparently some fans simply can't grasp that tanking your games is not worth it.

The difference between finishing in last place and finishing in 2nd to last place is 1/20 of the balls in the lottery. The difference between 2nd to last and 3rd to last is also 1/20 of the balls. If you think that POTENTIALLY having that extra 1/20 the balls means the franchise would be "a whole lot better off" then I suggest you do yourself a favor and enroll in your local community college stat101 class. You, and the other fans like you, clearly have a lot to learn.

Posted by: Barno1 | April 5, 2009 4:02 AM | Report abuse

when I heard Gil say that on TNT my first thought was - "How was he watching the TNT"s halftime show" or did someone relay the message to him.

Posted by: tedunni1 | April 6, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse