Nationals Uniform Fail

(Image via Comcast SportsyNet)

Brutal loss tonight for the Nats. Great start from John Lannan, one-run lead with the closer on at home, and then dinger in the top of the ninth, extra innings, three singles leading to a Marlins run, and a bottom-of-the-tenth-no-outs runner stranded at second.

Oh well, at least the names on the uniforms were spelled correctly.

Yeah.

So, subtle shot at Peter Angelos? Acknowledgment that the team will not be oh-fer this season in the W-L column? A desire for the team name to be an anagram for Anal Snit, Natal Sin and/or Slain Ant? You be the judge.

In more Nationals news, Chris Cooley is now taking aim. Here's what he wrote when discussing the invite list for his first new pool party.

Invites will go first to the entire Caps team after they win the Stanley Cup, which should coincide nicely with the Nats getting their second or third win of the season.

uch, majr cheap sht, Clley. And in yet more Nats news, Caron Butler is thinking of making a return to the first-pitch circuit this weekend, after his disastrous throw two seasons ago.

"I don't need to practice, man," he said, when discussing the upcoming throw. "Put that [stuff] on YouTube....I'm not doing it for the media attention, I'm doing it for my own inner confidence. Brother, I ain't been right since that damn pitch. I've got to go back and find myself."

Maybe he can find some extra vowels, while he's at it.

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 17, 2009; 11:26 PM ET
Categories:  Nats , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Video Friday: Boudreau, Portis and Ovechkin
Next: This Thing Ain't Over

Comments

Old man Lerner was running a test to see if Zimmm & Dunn noticed, if not the team was going to leave an O out of their paychecks.

Posted by: PowerBoater69 | April 18, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Has any sports team in history gotten this many basics wrong in such a short period of time? I can understand being terrible (league play requires bad teams in everything), but what about reaming your new city, paying rent, or spelling your name correctly? I mean, George W. Bush didn't run the Rangers this poorly, did he?

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | April 18, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

I like the Angel*s the*ry. Also, Anal Snits would be a good name for a band. Perhaps one made up of proofreaders.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 18, 2009 11:48 PM | Report abuse

I never thought I could find anything to top the ground crew futility back at RFK Stadium for this franchise.....WELL
HERE IT IS! RIDICULOUS

Posted by: caphcky | April 19, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

If the internet didn't exist, nobody would know.

Posted by: sitruc | April 19, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

I find the mistake hilarious, but I find this blog confusing. In future blogs, can Mr. Steinberg please stick to standard AP practices? I've read the blog several times now and I have yet to understand what he is saying. Journalism majors are cringing right now.

Posted by: Bama2OKC | April 20, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse