Thanks For the Support, Boobie

I'll admit, the one thing I wasn't expecting to see emerge from the Cavs locker room last night was Daniel "Boobie" Gibson, rocking a Washington Nationals hat, in D.C., maybe 25 minutes after his team had lost here for the second time this season. Talk about getting inside the other guys' heads.

Or maybe not.

"It matches my shoes," he said.

Well, whatever. In a week of D.C. domination--Caps essentially clinch division, Wiz knock off the mighty Cavs, Redskins don't do anything crazy--I'll take this as a decent enough conclusion.

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 3, 2009; 2:59 PM ET
Categories:  NBA , Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mixed Messages on Cutler
Next: Why the Wiz Are Still Fun, the Dance Routine

Comments

I think you should add DCU not having any new injuries and no Nats front office members stepping down due to some kind of unethical transaction.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | April 3, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

@Chest:

Nah, Wicks is now listed as "Out" on the DCU injury report. So, yeah.

On the plus side: the Epic Win that is the new Nats Park beer list. The Nats might lose 100 games, but at least they've got the Dogfish Head 90 Minute on tap...

Posted by: EdTheRed | April 3, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey, I'll take it. We need all the Nats fans we can get. 9001, baby! Wooooohoooo!

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 3, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

The most popular thing about the Nats are their caps.

Posted by: sitruc | April 3, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I'm not hating on either party - but I'll bet you he has no idea who the Washington Nationals are.

Posted by: Kev29 | April 3, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

It's all about matchin' dem' lids to yo' shoes yo!

Posted by: DadRyan | April 3, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

I think he just likes the design, period. He's not really a Nats fan. But if he is that's great, I actually really like Daniel Gibson, he's cuteee. :)

Posted by: rachel216 | April 3, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I think that lots of guys wear the caps more for purposes of representing their city than a specific team. But as I said, we'll take it! :-D

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 3, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

When I asked why I see so many curly-W Nats hats around, the guys at the mall hat store here in Portland said it's a gang thing. It comes in red and blue, which is handy for picking sides, and the W universally stands for west side. Apparently.

I still wear my curly-W cap around town with pride, and in fact I'm wearing it right now, but what a bummer to find it has other significance to some... *sigh*

(I am old.)

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 3, 2009 8:42 PM | Report abuse

"Thanks For the Support, Boobie"

Another fine example of why direct-address commas are so crucial to fundamental writing.

Had it been omitted in this case, I'd be hella confused--but I bet I'd check the link!

Posted by: WaPoGuy | April 3, 2009 9:32 PM | Report abuse

EdTheRed:

Let me change that to "No new injuries to anyone that's good".

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | April 3, 2009 10:10 PM | Report abuse

See, the trick is that you gotta score the black on black all leather jawn...

Posted by: DadRyan | April 3, 2009 10:51 PM | Report abuse