Today in Bemidji: A Beavers House
I'm keeping myself from crying tears of Beaver green this week, since religious obligations may limit my Frozen Four participation, but still, a few Bemidji items caught my eye.
* Like the house, seen above. That's a pretty distinctive shade o' Beaver green. It's also in New Hampshire. (FoxBoston)
* Or the fact that the Beavers practiced outside of their normal home last night. Why? Because the John Glas Fieldhouse was being used by the 32nd Annual Bemidji Jaycees Home, Sport & Travel Show.
"The Home, Sport and Travel show is a very important event for the community each year," Beavers Coach Tom Serratore told the Bemidji Pioneer. "For us to practice at the City Arena is a small price to pay."
* Last week was the groundbreaking for the school's new $50 million rink and convention center, which led to a nice video in which you can hear pleasant Minnesota accents and watch Bucky the Beaver frolic with cheerleaders. Whoa, and see some serious playoff beards. Approve, approve, approve.
* The Bemidji Pioneer is really bringing it on coverage, but this article was the best yet. The headline taught me something I never knew (that people from Bemidji are known as Bemidjians), and the lede was all sorts of perfect.
As hordes of Bemidji State University men's hockey fans - both longtime and come-lately - sing "Go Bemidji Beavers; Go you Green and White" Thursday, Jared and Penny Echternach will be singing "Love and honor to Miami, our college old and grand."
I mean, Miami University alums living in Bemidji who are Beaver Pride members but still root for the alma mater? This is why sports are great.
* This isn't Bemidji, but fair standards require me to say that Vermont is having an alumni reception Thursday starting at 3 at Irish Channel on H Street, around the corner from the arena. Yes, there will be be Magic Hat on tap.
Posted by: Colm1 | April 7, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: CoverageisLacking | April 7, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ThatGuy1 | April 7, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: dimesmakedollars | April 8, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: reppoc | April 8, 2009 11:01 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.