Why the Wiz Are Still Fun, the Dance Routine

On the one hand, some Wiz veterans have suggested that the excessively fun fun-time playhouse atmosphere among the younger set hasn't helped this year's record much.

On the other hand, just in the past week, it's led to Nick Young accusing Antawn Jamison of ball hogdom, Young accusing Blatche of "corrupting my unit" and this thoroughly ridiculous bit of mayhem seen below. Oh, and have you seen the pre-game dance routine favored by Young and JaVale McGee? More on that later.

(Via Bullets Forever)

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 5, 2009; 3:45 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thanks For the Support, Boobie
Next: Shawn Springs Meets the Caps

Comments

LMAO; good to see them having fun at least! I put these guys up on my twitter page: http://twitter.com/BridgeMix

(...hope they don't mind that I did ;) )

Posted by: TheRealBRIDGE | April 5, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

That made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! HAHAAHHAHA!! Nick Young is so hilarious!!!!

Posted by: rachel216 | April 5, 2009 7:57 PM | Report abuse

So... ummm... this was uploaded by JaVale, no? What's going on...

Posted by: empsg59 | April 6, 2009 2:23 AM | Report abuse

Ah leave em alone! They are still young and I expect to see major growth next year. I thought it was hilarious. Especially Blatche doing the "Fish". For those Wiz faithful in their attendance, that is the dance this older white dude does on the dance cam. A real crowd pleaser. I think the older dudes last name is Fish hence the name of the dance.

Posted by: ivyleague | April 6, 2009 8:32 AM | Report abuse

It's called the sprinkler, dude.

Posted by: empsg591 | April 6, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Nah bro, thats the fish, ivyleague had it right. If you have ever seen the old guy at the Wiz games do it you would know that Blatche's impression was dead on.

Posted by: DMoney28 | April 6, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

And what dance move is the old guy doing? The sprinkler!

Posted by: empsg591 | April 6, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse