Chris Cooley Karaoke With the Stars, and More
Some late-afternoon links
* Chris Cooley continues to meet more famous people than I've even heard of, this time performing some karaoke with Chuck Liddell and Brad Penny. Both of those guys perhaps have their best athletic days behind them. And yet they got to be the frontmen while Cooley sang back-up. No fair. (TMZ)
* A Caps fan takes to Craigslist, trying to recover Easton Stealth sticks for Mike Green.
Be a loyal fan, and show up at the Kettler Ice Plex today, or tomorrow and give the stick back. Hell, contact me and I'll buy the thing and deliver it myself.
Green had a discontinued Stealth for Game 6, but chose not to use it, saying he was already used to the newer S17. But he's gotten all sorts of offers for Stealths, and said he might try it out again tomorrow morning. (Craigslist)
* SI.com ranks Daniel Snyder the third-worst owner in the NFL.
The young billionaire runs the team more like a first-time fantasy-football manager. Among the most expensive outlays: nearly $225 million committed to LaVar Arrington, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Laveranues Coles and Adam Archuleta.
Look, I love jokes about obstructed views and fake waiting lists as much as the next guy, but when he's 73 years old, he's still going to be hearing about Deion Sanders. Snyder's ranked below Mike Brown. Would you really rather be a Bengals fan? (SI.com)
* Boyd Gordon, speaking about tomorrow's game: "Hopefully we can get the two points." Donovan McNabb approves. (Caps boards)
* Matt Bradley, speaking about why the Caps can't play every game like they're down 3-1: "I don't know," he said. "If I knew that I'd probably be a rich man."
Uh, Matt, you kind of are.
* Video that shows Penguins fans also throw trash on the ice. Well done. Look at the 1:50 mark. And right after is the part where Ovechkin throws up the "Shhhhhhhhh" finger to the crowd.
* D.C. United stars taste Guacamole for Washingtonian. Just because I always wanted to type that. (@DCUnited)
* Ovechkin plays Wii against Lindsay Czarniak while wearing an AC Milan Kakha Kaladze shirt. Of course he does. (NBC Washington)
Posted by: Lindemann777 | May 12, 2009 6:23 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | May 12, 2009 8:44 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | May 12, 2009 8:50 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: RedBirdie | May 12, 2009 9:17 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: CF11555 | May 12, 2009 9:38 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.