Pens Fans Have Great Chest Hair

I've suggested in the past that the Penguins fans don't make spectacles of themselves in the same manner as Caps fans. A quick trip through the concourse tonight again confirmed that suspicion. The most noteworthy unique shirt? A t-shirt on which "A.O. You Suck" had been scribbled with a marker. And "PENS WILL CAPITALIZE" doesn't really make sense to me as a slogan.

But this guy cancels everything else out. This guy rules. I'd proudly sit next to this guy for 60 minutes, or as long as it takes, really.

PS: Not totally sure what was going on with this woman here; the inimitable Thighmaster sent me this grab from the end of the Versus broadcast, via his Twitter feed. And since I don't have to come back to Pittsburgh for quite a while, what the heck, might as well post it. By the way, FSN Pittsburgh rocked a 21.38 rating for Game 5, making it the highest-rated game on any FSN regional sports network. Must be thanks to the unprecedented chest-hair ad campaign.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 11, 2009; 8:52 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Penguins Prez Has History in D.C.
Next: How the Caps Celebrated

Comments

Puck fittsburg! Go Caps!

Posted by: jonthefisherman | May 11, 2009 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Even his seatmate, Dick Vitale, finds this over the top.

Posted by: jgperras | May 11, 2009 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Not true, jgperras. Vitale's chest had a plug for VS while his back hair said "Coach K, I love you baby."

Posted by: sitruc | May 11, 2009 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Its not that impressive when you figure he's had 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year to lie around on that sofa and grow that. I would be much more impressed if he stopped stealing my tax money and took the advice my father gave to me, "Get a job, sir!"

Posted by: skins1110 | May 11, 2009 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Your revolution is over. Condolences. The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me? The bums WILL ALWAYS Lose!

Posted by: skins1110 | May 11, 2009 10:42 PM | Report abuse

Yikes! I threw up in my mouth a little bit!

Posted by: BlondeCapsFan | May 11, 2009 11:26 PM | Report abuse

HAHAHAHA

Posted by: MNMNT | May 11, 2009 11:30 PM | Report abuse

Righteous Mullet there...

Though remember the advice from Stephen Pastis

Posted by: CapsNut | May 11, 2009 11:41 PM | Report abuse

Good golly, that Mario Lemieux has really let himself go since he retired, huh?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 11, 2009 11:51 PM | Report abuse

Yikes that lady is scary, well I think that's a lady?!?

Posted by: NatyBG | May 12, 2009 7:25 AM | Report abuse

That's a true Camaro driving Iron City drinking mullet head right there. And the guy? Oh boy....

Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | May 12, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

She won Ms. Pittsburgh 2009. Best looking woman in the city.

Posted by: Fletch_F_Fletch | May 12, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

I'm so glad she lives in Pittsburgh. I'm sure she's got a lovely personality. I admire her for her enthusiasm. She's rocking the...err, rocking the...I give up. Good golly, Miss Molly!

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | May 12, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

The picture of that woman is so funny I felt the need to e-mail it to friends and then proceed to print it out and hang it in my office!

Posted by: NatyBG | May 12, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

That's nothing. Their women have much more chest hair.

Posted by: jeadpt | May 13, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

That lady is the "Go to hell" lady. The VS broadcast caught her, at the end of game 6, yelling "Go to hell" down toward the ice...it was quite the spectacle.

Posted by: bubbler86 | May 13, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

man, Pittsburgh if felted.

Posted by: dneg131 | May 13, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse