Varly Has a Posse

I'm going to ignore the promised sports media hygiene post, and instead just present this fun little fella out at Caps practice this morning. The other toddlers at practice all seem to be wearing Ovechkin jerseys, for what that's worth.

Other than that, four hours of lovely Turnpike and I-70 travel have left my brain temporarily blank. Go check out Brendan Haywood's sparkling new blog instead. Here's a highlight, concerning LeBron

You accidentally bump into him and you're going to be "rub-a-dub-dubbing" in the locker room bathtub!

No word what the Wood thought about that third-period whistle against Brooks Laich. I'm guessing he was opposed.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 12, 2009; 11:03 AM ET
Categories:  Caps , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: How the Caps Celebrated: The Video
Next: The Caps' Family and Friends Are Nervous

Comments

good coverage stein... keep it comin

Posted by: mopp04 | May 12, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

That's adorable

Posted by: ThisGuy | May 12, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

I'll find out from my friend how to say "Varlamov has a posse" in Russian and let you all know. Then we can get stickers and t-shirts made.

Posted by: rmontcal | May 12, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

That is too cute!

Posted by: NatyBG | May 12, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

when is stecks going to get his own posse?

Posted by: RedBirdie | May 12, 2009 12:11 PM | Report abuse

He is even more adorable in person!! I was standing right beside him and his mom at practice and he was the focal point of all of the media cameras there. I even took a picture of him leaning against the glass for his mom. Near the end of the optional practice Varly came walking through and was mobbed by fans for autographs and he signed the back of that little boy's jersey!!

Posted by: theresa21 | May 12, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

As far as Stecks getting his own posse I am noticing more and more fans wearing t-shirts with his name and number on it. One of my good friends is among those with one.

Posted by: theresa21 | May 12, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Steckel is the unofficial winner of the entirely unofficial AU SIS grad class of '08 female hockey lovers club "hot player" contest. We didn't take a formal vote, but he seemed to be the winner.

Posted by: RedBirdie | May 12, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

@RedBirdie

I agree with you. Stecks is nice looking. My comments on the other guys. Semin is also nice looking. Fehr has the best eyes. Backstrom has nice blond hair that's wasted on a guy (and I'm sure many girls would consider him hot). Flash looks pretty good as well. And, I know I'll get disagreement on this one, but there's something about Ovi's appearance that appeals to me and he also has great eyes.

(Okay, the guys are too young for me but I'm still giving my opinion.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | May 12, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse