DeShawn's Ducktail, Nick Young's Suit, and More
Non-important Wizards news....
* DeShawn Stevenson is still growing his duck-tail. He wouldn't let me take a picture of it yesterday, because he said he looked too "rugged," but the style was indeed stolen from longtime Stevenson hair nemesis Drew Gooden.
"He's mad," Stevenson said of Gooden. "[But] that's my boy."
Stevenson said he would keep the duck-tail for the season, and would also french-braid it when it grows out. He also has his freakishly large beard back, as in his breakout '07-'08 campaign. "I balled out that year," he said, "so I want it back." Oh, and he has his son's name tattooed on his face, sort of circling his eye. I'm not sure I knew that.
* DeShawn's health? Tip-top, he said, after missing most of this season with back issues. "I'm back, so we're good," he said. "Just trying to keep in shape and get ready for next year."
(As for the crazy antics of the 07-08 campaign, he said those are finished for now, duck-tail aside. "I'm just gonna wait until we start winning, and then I'm gonna go back to crazy DeShawn."
* Nick Young was happy to see Brandon Jennings in the gym yesterday. They've known each other "for a minute," Young said, adding that he's "happy to see [Jennings] doing his thing. "You know, growing up in L.A., all through his high school years when I was at SC, you know, they used to idol us up there."
He also said he's been driving Gilbert Arenas's high school car to work, that he told his Draft Day stylist that he wanted "some little James Bond outfit," and that he's not on Twitter because "I don't like people following me."
* Mike James once said he has the least amount of body fat on the Wiz. That prompted Caron Butler to say this: "Benjamin Button said that? You know how old Mike is?"
Thirties, we guessed.
"He's lying," Butler said. "Mike's 40, easy."
Anyhow here's the secret to Mike James's youthful looks, courtesy of Truth About It:
I eat whatever I want. With 4.5% body fat when I first came in the league, I still eat whatever I want, and I still have 4.5% body fat ... so, what's the point of changing?
Listen, I'll eat a hot dog on the street corner after coming from the club in New York City, and I'll buy three hot dogs at three o'clock in the morning. I don't have a favorite food. As long as the food is good, I eat everything. I eat hamburgers, hot dogs, cake, cookies...and also chicken (laughs).
[The rest of the interview is also terrific; please read.]
* Draft prospect Jennings was asked about both his suit and his hair.
"The suit is gonna be simple," he said. "The hair I don't know yet. I might do something special for the hair. Right now I have the mohawk, so hopefully I'm trying to still grow it. We'll see."
And his hair in Italy?
"I had that European ruff look, you know, that look like I've been in jail for a couple of years," he said.
* Continuing the theme, Jonny Flynn was asked whether he had a special draft day hairstyle planned.
"Nah," he said. "I'm looking a little rough right now, I usually have a haircut by now. But I think I'm just gonna come with a nice trim down. I was thinking about getting a bald head at first, a new look for the draft, but I might have slipped a little bit in the draft if I had come with a bald head. I think I'm just gonna come with my regular cut."
Posted by: tigerquoll | June 17, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: prescrunk | June 17, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: BigTee13 | June 17, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: TheFunBunch | June 18, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: pondaz | June 18, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: xrendellx | June 18, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.