More Draft Day Images
First off, this breaking news about the Nats' second pick of the first round, Drew Storen. He majored in product design at Stanford, and once made a bobblehead of himself while still in junior high. That is something I've never heard of a pro athlete doing, and it's awesome.
"I hope to have a bobblehead of me if I make it to Washington," Storen told the Mercury News yesterday. "I'm sure it will be a lot nicer than the one I made of myself."
Um, maybe. Even better, this is what he said when asked about being drafted by the Yankees out of high school: "Not signing with the Yankees was a great decision." Now there's a kid to root for.
Anyhow, I just watched the "Nationals Fans React to Strasburg" video on the Nats Web site. I think it accurately represented the on-site excitement of the day. Among the highlights:
* "It's about time we get some guys here that can keep us in the game, a Zimmermann and Hanahan," one fan said. I think.
* "Hopefully he can bring them the offense they need, or the defense they need, with the pitching," another fan said.
* The "Nats fan" wearing the NYPD hat to the Nats game.
* "He needs to get used to the wooden bats," a third fan said.
* This guy: "You've got to believe in Tony Gwynn, right?.... Tony Gwynn's got to know....But you know what I'm excited about, I'm excited about the No. 10 pick. Who's No. 10?"
* Plus, two separate Nats fans named Mike Coppola. Who'd have guessed?
Posted by: JLR75 | June 10, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 10, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Lindemann777 | June 10, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: VPaterno | June 10, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.