Morning Bog: Lisa Hillary Was Dancing in the Club
* If you were watching MASN, you might recall that Craig Stammen actually looked like he might cry after getting his face smeared with shaving cream by John Lannan. At this point, you'd pretty much expect him to go on the DL for 15 days with eye irritation. Still, great win.
* This video was from before Ovechkin won his second straight MVP, a feat that has never been accomplished by a D.C. athlete in a Big 5 pro sport. There were lots of great Ovie quotes on the night, but none better than this, when Lisa Hillary asked if it was good to be Ovie:
"It's good to be Ovie, especially last night with you, have a good time in the nightclub, I saw you dancing in the bar," he said. "You didn't hear that, D.C.," Hillary said, while her face rocked the red. (CSN Video)
* And here's from a press release from LAVO restaurant and nightclub inside the Palazzo, concerning Wednesday night: "Twenty-three year old Russian phenomenon Alexander Ovechkin, who is up for the league's MVP award, arrived a bit underdressed, wearing flip-flops....Once safely inside, the league's scoring leader danced on the banquettes to the sounds of DJ Crooked and made his rounds to visit various tables of hockey players throughout the club."
* Mike Green wore a bow tie. (Puck Daddy)
* Penguins Coach Dan Bylsma, on the call he received from Obama: "We talked about Pittsburgh's two championships, with the Steelers [winning the Super Bowl], lamented a little bit because he was hoping Chicago could get in [the final] this year and have a chance at it, or the [Washington] Capitals," Bylsma said. Ok, so Obama is a Rock the Red kinda guy? (Post-Gazette)
* The Yankees attempt to turn yesterday's endless rain delay into goodwill from their fans. From Newsday:
To reward ticketholders, including the patient souls who endured the 5 hour, 26-minute rain delay in the Bronx, the Yankees announced that they would redeem all tickets from last night's game at stadium advance ticket windows for free tickets in the bleachers, grandstand or terrace to a non-premium game this season or next. Or fans can use the ticket to purchase a half-price ticket in non-Suite seating for those games.
It was the second such gesture of the evening. After the top of the first, the team announced that fans could move closer to the field. Hundreds of fans descended the stairs to fill in the vacant field level and main level seats. But several who ventured into the highest-priced Legends suites were turned back by security.
* "Staying positive is key throughout a long season, and we're doing that. Our clubhouse has a bunch of good guys in it and we're going to continue to fight, battle and claw our way to victories every day. Hopefully you guys as fans can see that, respect it and look forward to the light at the end of the tunnel." (The Zimmerman Blog)
* Gary Clark appears to be behind an absolutely ludicrous Redskins party featuring promised appearances from dead people. (Cheap Seats Daily)
* "I've been a fan of Paul's all my life, so it's going to be a memorable night for us all." Daniel Snyder, concerning Paul McCartney's summer concert at FedEx Field. (BeatlesNews.com)
* Drew Rosenhaus on his career: "There's no question when I get those calls in the middle of the night, I mean, it's scary. You know, I can think back to a call I got at about 4 a.m. or 5 a.m. in the morning, I can't remember, that had to do with Sean Taylor getting shot in the leg. You know, I didn't dream at the time that he was gonna pass away, so every time I get those calls it's the first thing that comes to mind. So you get scarred after experiences like that." (WQAM)
* Devon McTavish is raising awareness for Crohn's disease. (Behind the Badge)
* Jim Larranaga and Brenda Frese talk Twitter. (WUSA)
Top D.C. Sports Tweets From the Past 24 Hours
Rocky McIntosh: Don't you just love the blacked out cars and secret service with black shades semiauto guns everywhere gave me chills when they passed!!!!!!
Skins Receiver Trent Shelton: I eat ketchup on EVERYTHING LOL
Drew Storen: Crushing egg drop soup at the Chinese buffet after talking to elementary kids this morning. Pumped for tonight
Sally Jenkins (@SallyJenx): There is no grass at Bethpage. There is just overcooked spinach floating in chocolate pudding.
(This concept shamelessly stolen from Mister Irrelevant)
June 19, 2009; 6:39 AM ET
Categories: Caps , D.C. United , Media , Nats , Redskins
Save & Share: Previous: Afternoon Bog: Nats Bringing Kosher Back
Next: Ken Rosenthal Stands By His Acta Report
Posted by: fushezzi | June 19, 2009 7:43 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: sitruc | June 19, 2009 8:03 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: StetSportsBlog | June 19, 2009 8:05 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: PowerBoater69 | June 19, 2009 8:08 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: fushezzi | June 19, 2009 8:37 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: fushezzi | June 19, 2009 8:37 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: PowerBoater69 | June 19, 2009 8:42 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: hockeypunk | June 19, 2009 8:43 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: adhardwick | June 19, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Section117 | June 19, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: alex35332 | June 19, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: SombreroGuy | June 19, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: SombreroGuy | June 19, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: makplan20002 | June 19, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Grooven | June 19, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: cj658 | June 19, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: VTDuffman | June 19, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: sitruc | June 19, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: makplan20002 | June 19, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: sitruc | June 19, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 19, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: makplan20002 | June 19, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: VTDuffman | June 19, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 19, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: CapsNut | June 20, 2009 12:18 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: bagace | June 20, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: VPaterno | June 21, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: dcsportsdude | June 22, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.