Morning Bog: McGee's Workout, New Skins Guy
Some morning links, with an assist from Intern Jake:
* The famous Ken Rosenthal will be on Mike and Mike at 8:25 this AM. On the one hand, I'm extremely curious to hear what he'll say about Manny Acta. On the other hand, this being a national show, he probably won't be asked.
* Here's an Internet report from a usually reliable source that former Balt Sun columnist Rick Maese will be joining the Redskins beat at The Post, making the trio Reid, Svrluga and Maese. That would also mean adding a second vegetarian to the Ashburn crew, if I count. (SportsJournalists.com)
* Somehow, Javale McGee's new summer work out video only has about 300 views. 287 of them can be traced back to McGee's IP address. (Bullets Forever)
* Some athletes (LeBron) can switch styles, positions, and even sports without missing a beat. And then there's Chris Cooley, who throws like a
girl tight end. (Cooley Zone)
* LeBron, when asked about his $55,000 high school Hummer while in Silver Spring: "The Hummer was more like $65,000. With rims, 68. Stereo system, about 70." (Reliable Source)
* Famous bloggers host an NHL Awards Show party tomorrow night in Ballston. (Puck Daddy)
* After last night's loss, the Nationals are now on pace to be the seventh-most God-awful team in the history of MLB. At this rate, they'll be number one with a bullet in about two weeks. (Fire Jim Bowden)
* But at least Stan Kasten is getting a National Press Club headliner gig out of this. (Nationals Pride)
* Ricky Sanders and Gary Clark in motion-capture suits. (Mister Irrelevant)
* A few days old, but Devin Thomas is sounding like a middle schooler in love: "I feel like I really took good advantage of the time with Jason. We're getting more and more comfortable together." (Tha Showtime blog)
* Sam Huff is sort of popular, as if Skins fans needed a poll to tell them that. With approval ratings like this, the Lerners should pull him out of retirement to manage the Nats. (D.C. Pro Sports Report)
Best of D.C. Sports Twitter over the past 12 hours:
Gary Williams: "With Greivis back and our 09' class and the rest of our team improving every day, I truly believe we have the chance to be top 25 next year.
Redskins receiver Trent Shelton: "Just had a Great session of hot yoga!!! Boy am i tired!!"
Jim Larranaga: "Before a coach can go on the road recruiting he has to pass a test on NCAA rules. I take my test today."
WaTi Skins writer Ryan O'Halloran: "Brandon Marshall (6-4/230/age 25) wants out of Denver. The Redskins need some size at WR. Be smart to at least kick tires, right?"
Chris Cooley: "Speeding ticket in wyoming. I blame it on a broken cruise control."
Under Armour star Brandon Jennings: "In the UA truck headed back too DC, good seeing the UA fambam. BIG E is a Fool! I swear. Lol"
June 17, 2009; 7:58 AM ET
Categories: Caps , College Basketball , Media , Nats , Redskins , Terps , What You Need to Know , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Quotes From Pointguardpalooza
Next: Johnny Holliday's Buzz Cut
Posted by: rdpinva | June 17, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.