Redskins.com Hacked By Cat Lovers?

It's hard to imagine a more cheerful evening diversion than looking at screengrabs from Redskins.com of RedskinsTV interviews with cats. Seriously, go there right now and look at the little MyRedskins Widgets.

Is this a Web programming placeholder gone wrong? A demonstration of the dangers of firing too many employees? Or merely a sly nod toward my supposition yesterday that DS and VC watch Keyboard Cat videos together?

Either way, it's awesomer than Jim Zorn listening to ambient music while skinning roadkill.

Other things you should know; another cat pic below, plus the best Nats shirt ever:

* A comprehensive list of Twitter feeds that every D.C. sports fan should be following. (Mister Irrelevant)

* Nats fans are stuffing the ballot. For a 15-41 team. One fan reportedly turned in 425 ballots tonight. (Twitpic via @khudak11)

* Damon Jones is turned away from a D.C. club, plays "do you know who I am?" card. Sorry, that card isn't accepted from DeShawn-taunting ex-Cavs. (Starting Blocks)

* George Mason assistant Bill Courtney goes to Virginia Tech, giving him the Commonwealth Superfecta: Mason, UVA, VCU and Va. Tech. (Times-Dispatch)

* Redskins rookie CB Doug Dutch was nicknamed "Doushmandzadeh" in college. FYI.

* Air Sex World Championships come to D.C. Extremely, extremely profane link, fyi. Here it is. (D.C. Decider)

* A minor league baseball league wants to put a team in Loudoun, at the corner of Routes 28 and 7. Please let them be named the Loudoun Sprawl. (LoudounExtra.com)

* Frank Howard's out of baseball, working full-time for Jim Beam. "There was talk during the winter of the Lerner family hiring Howard for some kind of position within the Nationals organization. But that never came to pass, and according to sources familiar with the situation, it was, of course, about money." (Lovey Land)

* A high-ranking editor sent an ALL NEWS message today that read like so: "I have two terrific tix to tomorrow's 4:30 p.m. Nats' game to give away to the first bidder." How badly did I want to hit REPLY ALL, like so: "Bidder?"

* I'm speaking at Blogs With Balls on Saturday. If you live in New York, or even if you don't, you should go. Deadline to buy tickets is Thursday evening.

* Natinals t-shirts for sale. Three, please. (Zazzle via Home Run Derby)

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 10, 2009; 9:09 PM ET
Categories:  College Basketball , Minor League Baseball , Nats , Redskins , Weirdness , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: On Hunter Smith's Band, Zorn's Musical Tastes
Next: Nationals Television Fail

Comments

See you Saturday! And uh, how good are those tickets? If they can't find a bidder...

Posted by: misschatter | June 10, 2009 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Wait a second, did you use "Natinals" without the "I", referencing a months old joke about the uniform supplier not getting the spelling correct on the jersey? That is SO F*CKING FUNNY! Oh my God, how hilarious?! I hadn't seen that till now, even though that happened two months ago. Wow - I'm still laughing. Well played my friend, well played. If you follow this up with a "Where's the beef" line - I'm gonna spit out my coffee!

Posted by: sitruc | June 10, 2009 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Steinz, thanks for the clip of Damon Jones, aka the Wizards Killa. That was pretty good. One question though: who videotaped it, and how was there so many different camera angles???

Posted by: Barno1 | June 10, 2009 10:01 PM | Report abuse

It looked like a TVOne show, Barno1.

Posted by: sitruc | June 10, 2009 11:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sitruc | June 10, 2009 9:39 PM

Sitruc fail at funny and sarcasm.

Posted by: _newt_ | June 11, 2009 7:59 AM | Report abuse

lol cats

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 11, 2009 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Sitruc fail at funny and sarcasm.

Posted by: _newt_ | June 11, 2009 7:59 AM

"O" my God, that's so funny too. LOL!

Posted by: sitruc | June 11, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

The intersection of 28 and 7 gets pretty nasty with traffic as it is now during rush hour, I almost shudder to think what kind of impact any sort of sports event there would have.

That said, I'm over caring about traffic, it all sucks everywhere around here anyway. May as well have a baseball team to go see. I'd definitely go see many games there a year.

Posted by: VTDuffman | June 11, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Cavs > Wizards.

Forever.

Enjoy.

Posted by: popopo | June 11, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Don't you love those Nike ads with Lebron and Kobe puppets, popopo?

Posted by: sitruc | June 11, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse