The Redskins' New Tailgating Policies

UPDATED: Read the Redskins' official response here.

Pictured here is a little excerpt from a letter that was recently sent to some Redskins' suite holders.

On the list of "things that will go over well with your football fan base," limiting tailgating to only "the last few rows" is just below "banning cheerleaders and all beer sales" and just above "banning breathing."

And obviously, if you've ever been to FedEx Field, you know exactly where your buddies tailgate, and they're all in virtually the same spot at every game, and have been for years, and visiting them to share some hugs and tater tots takes as much memory recall as visiting the bathroom, which is why a barren parking lot in Raljon can sort of feel like a block party instead of a steaming trash-filled asphalt nightmare. These policies would, presumably, change it to a block party in which 72,184 people were standing around with cell phones, saying, "Wait, WHERE are you?"

Here's how one longtime tailgater who just e-mailed me (and his friends) put it:

My fear is we will lose the sense of community we have developed in the lots. I have made personal friendships with neighboring tailgaters over the last five years, and with this new policy, everything we have done the past five years is gone.

But I guess we should withhold judgment until we hear exactly why this is happening.

(See also: Cheap Seats Daily, Extreme Skins, Mister Irrelevant)

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 22, 2009; 10:16 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: How the Nationals Gained Three Canadian Fans
Next: About the Nats' Most Famous Rally Monkey

Comments

I've hosted one of the largest tailgates at Fedex for the past 9 years. I get to the stadium at 5:30 am just so I can get a premium parking spot right up front. The new Tailgate Policy will make me park in the back of the lot so I can leave first. I don't care about leaving first! I care about getting their forst and parking up front not all the way by the highway. I guess the Post was right 2 years ago when they said the Ravens have a better game day experience for their fans!

Posted by: G20FdaCowboys | June 22, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

This is a joke right? Is it April 1st? Wow, if this is indeed true I might just have to reconsider my attendance at Redskins games this year and beyond. It's expensive enough as is, but curtailing one of the best aspects of the game day experience for no apparent reason is enough for me. I know several other die hard fans who will feel the same way about this.

The Terps have a great home schedule this year...I'll just get my tailgating fix in College Park.

Posted by: Barno1 | June 22, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

What's next, Snyder gonna tell me what to eat and drink while I watch the game at home, (assume its johnny rockets)? I feel for these tailgate guys, cuz nothing says fun like a bunch of asinine rules.

Posted by: alex35332 | June 22, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

The Redskins continue to treat their fans like crap, while they charge them a small fortune for the season tix, parking and concessions(which made me sick last fall, by the way). It's time to strike back, give up your tickets and watch the game at home in your new home theater (which would probably be cheaper than season tix) or start an online petition to stop this CRAP. SNYDER is a money grubbing pimp.

Posted by: wardt30 | June 22, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

You're wrong Steinberg. This is a GOOD move on behalf of the 85% of the people who don't tailgate but have to put up with those who do. Tailgaters hog parking spaces, always using more than they need. They bounce footballs off cars and people's heads and who know's what else. Often, they are drunk, loud and obnoxious and a danger to themselves given the parking lot traffic. Good move Skins.

Posted by: dcsportsdude | June 22, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Maybe one day the fans will WAKE UP and stay away.... NO TEAM is worth that BS.. Especially a consistent 8-8 team

Posted by: gcottrill | June 22, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Make room for the Johnny Rockets mobile unit, Washington fans!

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | June 22, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

I'd rather spend my money on NFL sunday ticket anyways but I'm sure the Mayor of Fedex Field will have something to say about this policy.

Posted by: JDP_ | June 22, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

This policy change is because Snyder is a GREED SOB! I gurantee you that some kind of a way this policy will put additional moneies in his pocket. Maybe he figures fans will give up tailgating thus eating that expensive a.. food in his stadium. That is why I am now an official Ravens fan. I can't stand the owner.

Posted by: ivyleague | June 22, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

dcsportsdude, hahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!! that was the most hilarious (unintentionally) post I I think I've ever read.

But there were a few things dcsportsdude forgot to complain about:

-hate it when the crowd inside the stadium gets loud after a good play by the home team. People shouldn't clap and hoot and holler after each successful play, they should just politely smile, nod their head gently in approval, and be happy on the inside.

-hate it when they play that obnoxious song after each and every touchdown! Hail to the warpath, something or other. Why must they play that after every darn score!?

-hate it when people dress up in redskins jerseys, hats, etc at the game. Why do people feel they need to wear what the guys on the field are wearing?? Makes no sense... Everyone should just wear what they normally wear outside the house!

-hate that the stadium smells like hot dogs and popcorn. Can't the redskins organization do anything about this?? Better ventilation perhaps?

-Oh and my biggest pet peeve of all at Redskins games: why do people care so damn much about the final score? It's just a game people! Enjoy it for what it is, but don't get upset if the Redskins end up with fewer runs once the 60 minutes on the official clock are up! And for crying outloud, PLEASE don't get all excited and scream outloud if the Redskins happen to have more points at the end then the opposing squadron. Jeesh!

But don't get me wrong...aside from all that stuff, I really do love going to Redskins games!!!

-Dcsportsdude

Posted by: Barno1 | June 22, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

I also run a very large tailgate at FedEx. We chose an area that will hold a group of our size without getting in the way of others around us. We do not block spots or cause trouble with other tailgaters who park near us. In fact in most cases they ask to join us. This is crazy. We pay a fee to park at FedEx to hold a tailgate. What is football with out your friends and redskins family to enjoy it with. It would be cheaper for us to hold a tailgate/ game day party at a local bar/restaurant and then we could still all be together.

Posted by: Huly | June 22, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

The Redskins have lost more fans than they've gained with him as the owner...

Posted by: gcottrill | June 22, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Barno1, stick it where the sun don't shine. You're obviously the type of drunken lout that has made this policy necessary.

Posted by: dcsportsdude | June 22, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

There has to a time when the fans say enough is enough, until they do that, The Redskins will impose any rules and sanctions they like...

Posted by: gcottrill | June 22, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

As well they should. Didn't something like seven cars burn up at a game last season due to some tailgaters? How quickly people forget.

Posted by: dcsportsdude | June 22, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

dbag...dcsportsdude...are you kidding me? Way to generalize all tailgating fans. I have friends that set up tailgates with wine and cheese, that love to be close...but to you all tailgaters are wild drunks. YOu probably think all black people are criminals or all mexican people crossed the border illegally. People like you are what is wrong with the world. People pay for their tickets and parking just like you...oh but we enjoy the game and our friends, and that offends you. Go root for the Cowboys or a tennis match, then you can gladly use your golf clap.

Posted by: mhartz1 | June 22, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I'm not sure Snyder's organization has thought this one through: a LARGE segment of the population comes to the game as much for the tailgating as the game... that is just a fact.

You start to screw with the tailgating experience people WILL begin staying away.

Posted by: CrabHands | June 22, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

There are too many spoiled whiners who disguise themselves as fans of professional football. I mean give me a break tailgating is part of the experience of attending a football game. Soem of you act like your at work sucking up to some boss or preparing fro a freaking conference call.

Those of you who can't deal with tailgating need to stay your azzes at home let the tailgaters do their thing its fun , its not work, Hail to the tailgaters

Posted by: TheBeatDontStop | June 22, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

I am happier every year that I gave up my season tickets 6 years ago. Snyder will eventually find out how he can charge you for YOUR beers and your BURGERS that YOU bring to YOUR TAILGATE! What is next Danny? Maybe an extra $10/car to enter the tailgating section? Save your money, go to College Park on Saturdays!

Posted by: TERPFAN45 | June 22, 2009 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Stop your b*ching- it's not like they're saying that NO tailgating is permitted, or that ALL tailgaters are drunk morons who ruin the gameday experience for everyone else. This new policy is being imposed simply to make sure that tailgaters don't take up multiple parking spaces so traffic getting into and out of the stadium can flow more freely. It's no secret that the traffic around the stadium sucks royally, and this is one way do improve it. It's also an incentive for those of us who do tailgate to get there early enough to get a prime spot.

Posted by: dallassucks17 | June 22, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Precisely Dallassucks. All these tailgaters have to do is comply with a few rules. What a bunch of whining low lives.

Posted by: dcsportsdude | June 22, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Snyder runs the Redskins like Putin does Russia: pure thuggery and extortion.

In one way, I sympathize with my fellow Redskins fans who through sheer love of the team still trek to Fed Ex. In another, I'm still pissed off people keep giving this boob so much of their money. Fight the power!

Posted by: RapmasterAC | June 22, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

dcsportsdude, I pay an average of about $75-$100 for parking each and every time I go to a Redskins game. And if I'm going to pay that kind of price, you better damn well believe I'm going to get my money's worth out of that parking lot.

There is nothing better than eating, drinking, and hanging out with your friends and family outside of your favorite team's game. Millions of Americans enjoy tailgating each year...however, no tailgater is going to force you to tailgate, so you shouldn't try to force them not to.

As for your claim that only 15% of fans who attend Redskins games actually tailgate, I'm not sure where you got this number (figment of your imagination?) but it's not what I see when I go to games.

My guess is the number is a lot closer to half of the ticket holders tailgating in one fashion or another--whether that be tailgating at their own vehicle or at their friends. (When you see 15-20 people tailgating together in one spot, do you assume they all showed up in one tiny car like clowns?)

And no, I rarely am "drunk" before the game starts. And no, I don't hit cars when I throw a football with my friends, though occasionally a ball might roll under your car, which undoubtedly causes your blood to boil. I might even place my beer on your car's hood, possibly leaving a ring of moisture underneath my cup and destroying your vehicle.

Dcsportsdude, I must concur with others on here: people like you are what's wrong with the world.

Posted by: Barno1 | June 22, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Sounds good to me, I like to park near the exits anyway. Put all of the tailgaters together in one big party area and keep spaces available for those who just want to park and head in. This will allow the team to steer people to the next available spot in each row in an orderly manner, solving the problem of cars circling around trying to convince tailgaters to make room. The team could make a few bucks selling the types of things people are always forgetting like mustard and paper plates. As far as people wandering around on cell phones trying to find each other, Redskins fans are smart enough to work that out during the first couple home games.

Posted by: PowerBoater69 | June 22, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

How exactly will getting rid of tailgating so there's no reason for anyone to get there early help the traffic situation around FedEx? Are people really trying to blame the hours it takes to get in and out of the stadium on the random guy throwing a football in the parking lot that is already full?

Posted by: Rudygreer | June 22, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Barno, stop your whining. If you can't comply with a few rules, either don't tailgate or get rid of the tickets. Simple.

Posted by: dcsportsdude | June 22, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Barno, I hear you about having to pay that much money to park in the lot and getting your money's worth as a result. I don't know how many fans who attend games actually tailgate (and I'm not even going to try to guess), but that's by and large not the issue. The issue is that the team is asking fans who do tailgate to simply go to another area of the lot. Nowhere does it say that they will have to fork over more of their money. Nowhere does it say that they will have to curb their eating, drinking or other fun. All the team is trying to do is make a part of the gameday experience- namely getting in and out of the parking lot- a little less painful for EVERYONE, tailgaters and non-tailgaters alike.

Posted by: dallassucks17 | June 22, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

BTW Barno. You're nuts if you think that more than 15% tailgate. I think that beer you chug down before the games causes you to see double or triple.

Posted by: dcsportsdude | June 22, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I wonder what is the Redskins definition of tailgating? Is downing a couple quick brews tailgating? Or does a grill have to be involved?

Posted by: PowerBoater69 | June 22, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Snyder,

I have been a lifelong Skins fan and just recently was offered season tix after being on the waiting list for 7 years. NO THANK YOU. I will not pay another dime to watch you ruin this once great franchise. Congratulations on being the joke of the league year in and year out.

Free tip - hire a good GM and stay out of the way.

Sincerely,
Too lazy to write an actual letter to some jerk in Raljohn, MD.

Posted by: rherlih1 | June 22, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Since dcsportsdooooche is all about making generalizations and assumptions about others, let's make some about him.

It's typical day at the ball game for DCsportsdooooche:

Show up to stadium midway through the 2nd quarter, wonder why it's so hard to find a parking spot. Once he finally arrives inside, he's flabbergasted that someone is in his seat. He needlessly gets an usher involved and explains "just because the seat is empty the whole first half, doesn't mean the rightful ticket holder is not eventually coming. I want these fans who were in my seats arrested at once. They tried to steal seats. Stealing is illegal!"

The game is getting out of hand, both teams keep scoring and it's impossible to figure out who is going to win. So midway through the 4th quarter with the game tied, dcsportsdude makes his way out of the stadium. He's saying to himself "I'm gonna beat that traffic. I'm gonna beat that traffic. And these fools are gonna be stuck in that traffic because they weren't smart enough like me to leave early! Suckers!"

But not so fast, when he arrives at his car, he is outraged to find a beer on his hood and a football underneath his car. He tracks down 2 police officers and tells them he wants to file a report for vandalism on his vehicle: "Officers, when I parked my car here it was 100% dry. When I returned, someone had left a wet condensation ring around the bottom of a beer on my hood. Please get the forensics unit down here immediately, I want the beer checked for fingerprints."

His day would have been totally ruined were it not for the fact that he's still going to get home in a timely fashion because the game has gone to overtime and he was smart enough to leave early. When he gets home, his mother asks him who won.

"I did. I beat that traffic!" -Dcsportsdooooche

Posted by: Barno1 | June 22, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

There is nothing like a good tailgate party. Snyder is trying to mees this up too.

More reason to just stay home and watch the game on tv - take the $$ you'd spend on season tix and buy a bigger tv

Posted by: Anne_Thrax | June 22, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Tailgating has turned into a big thing at fedex. It can be a lot of fun, but i don't want to be corralled into a corner with a bunch amatures. If you have issues with parking or travel time, i suggest you arrive early and expect to leave late. Deal with it..

As for the stadium experience, it sucks. Too many bamas from PG and NJ are not profesional party goers. Everyone turns into a hater during the games. (i know the team sucks, but get off ur arse and cheer folks!)..Move the team back to DC! Maybe some of the knuckleheads will refuse to show...

Posted by: boricuabopper | June 22, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I have one, tiny, little, insignificant question: How in god's name do the Redskins plan to enforce this new rule? Are they going to check vehicles for grills, beer, food, etc as they enter the lot? Or are they simply going to tell you to move if they see you setting up shop in the non-tailgating areas? (as if that won't slow things down to a crawl).

Posted by: Barno1 | June 22, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Prior to implementing this policy, I wonder if Mr. Snyder took into account the new Preakness Infield Policy that resulted in a 30% attendance drop this year. This seems like a similar policy, albeit different circumstances.

I can see season ticket holders cancelling their tickets out of principle over this new policy. Why pay at least $40 to park near the stadium with these types of restrictions?

Posted by: mromeo | June 22, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

I am sure it's the tailgaters that are jamming up traffic on Arena Drive. Face it, if you have Skins tickets, going to a game is an all day event. Don't gripe about it, enjoy it.

And what is there plan when the last 2 rows are filled but you've still got tailgaters wanting to set up? Hey non-tailgaters, there is always the efficiency of METRO.

Posted by: teamohall | June 22, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

I usually don't tailgate, but I think this is a very shortsighted move because it will damage the gameday experience for most fans. Parking sucks at FedEx, and always will.

Posted by: BT23 | June 22, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I have tailgated at every Redskins home game since becoming a ticket holder. As a responsible tailgater, I'm not at all thrilled to be classified as one of the 85 percent of tailgaters who are "drunk, loud and obnoxious and a danger to themselves given the parking lot traffic." All the same, people will think what they want which is fine because the people with whom I have tailgated know me well enough.

As far this new policy goes, it's absolutely wrong to say "the last few rows" of each lot. The last two seasons, I tailgated with great people each and every home game on a grassy "island" that posed zero interference to other cars trying to park. The pedestrian traffic would stroll through the tailgate but that's fine too because we'd all high five each other, get pumped up and have a good time.

This new policy will all but take that feeling away. Charging us to actually tailgate?

Posted by: HouseBowlrz | June 22, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I did not renew my tickets this year. I did for a number of reasons including management decisions on players (whats wrong with the Giants, Patriots and Steelers model? Answer: its not their idea.) and the obnoxious fans in the stadium. Tailgating was one of the things I enjoyed. Though tailgating contributes to the fan behavior in the stadium, curbing tailgating will not fix the character deficiencies in the people that ruin the time for others fans. The Redskins brass are making an effort obviously, but it seems they did not think very effectively about this decision. It may be they will not (cannot) enforce it. The well behaved fans who 'get it' likely will still be able to enjoy themselves in the lots before game time.....I will if I go to any games.

Posted by: jbfilbud1 | June 22, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

You telling me now I have to park at the back to Tailgate they don't do this in Green Bay, Pitts or Bmore no wonder there teams win they owners understanding. Well I'll go back to the Sunday Ticket and watch at home

Posted by: mreric03 | June 22, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Its no longer an issue for me...

Snyder lost me when the beer hit $6 or is it $7 or is it $8 a cup.

Also, the fact that he reduced the width of the chairs a couple of inches didn't help either. He wanted to pack in as many ticket holders as he can without regard to their comfort.

I watch the Skins, but on TV. Not falling for the Dan Snyder sucker plays.

Looks like he's serving up another one. The fans need to show him who is boss...

Posted by: muddapucker | June 22, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

muddapucker - exactly!

Anyone listen to wjkf about an hour ago? a woman called in and said that you can count on spending at least $300 for a game - tix,parking, food, etc....

Let Snyder know whos boss by boycotting - maybe he'll change his mind when attendence drops 30% like the freakness this year.

Posted by: Anne_Thrax | June 22, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Snyder is a cheap shyster whose priority is to make money. If wins come along with that, that's ok too. He realizes he has a strong fan base, who will blindly follow the team, regardless of the record. As a poster has already mentioned, Snyder makes sucker plays. Don't follow them, sheep! Watch the average team at home, like an intelligent fan.

Posted by: ratsmoker | June 22, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

This is outrageous. The tailgate is often the best part of the day, especially with a mistake filled 8-8 team. The main reason I pay the ridiculous ticket prices is because it's an all day experience/party with friends. Take that away and all you've got is a huge hassle to get to and from a mediocre game. Also, the tailgaters help spread out the arrival and departure times of the crowd. They usually get their first and leave last.

Posted by: varmau | June 22, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

-Dcsportsdude/Barno1 whoever you are. You should be writing for The Onion. That was brillient.

Posted by: ratsmoker | June 22, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

I don't tailgate but have no problem with those that do. They often offer me food, which is great. My problem is with parking. There seems to be far fewer parking spots recently than there are cars and one problem with the tailgaters is they often take up multiple spots for their chairs and grills and then give you the devil look if you politely ask them to move so you can park in an actual parking space. Imagine the nerve of actually wanting to park in a parking space occupied by a grill. So if this helps solve that a bit, that wouldn't be all bad.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 22, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Face the facts here folks!! This is in response to the tailgaters who take up several spots every game!! My parking pass entitles me to ONE space and One space only!! If I was to park my car at an angle so as to take up two spaces, I would be lucky if my car only got keyed!! But it's fine, in some folks eyes, for them to take up additional spaces for their lawn chairs, grills, coolers, tables, etc.
I have no problem with tailgating, and many tailgaters don't take up multiple spots, but then again we know this policy was not instituted for those who play by the rules!!

Posted by: dckidwell | June 22, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Don't fret tailgaters!! For a fee, you'll be able to consume a fabulous Johnny Rockets Burger in the comfort of your own seat. While you're at it, why not wash down your delicious Johnny Rocket's Burger with a $9 16 oz. serving of spit warm yellow fizzy beer?

And once you've filled your bellies with Johnny Rockets fabulous food and drink, the Redskins invite you to shop at one of their merchandise kiosks. For $100, you can have a replica jersey of your favorite Redskin's Superstar who will probably be gone in short order via free agency or be cut because he was a catastrophic bust (Deion Sanders, Adam Archuleta, Brandon Lloyd to name a few). But not to worry, Mr. Snyder will make sure that there are plenty of Albert Haynesworth jerseys to replace your outdated merchandise!! Keep your closet up to date with the latest Redskins gear available from Mr. Snyder's Empire!! Hail to the Redskins, and Hail To Johnny Rockets Burgers!!

Posted by: VeloStrummer | June 22, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

As bad as the Skins have been for the last 20 years the tailgating is the only reason to go. 20 of us get there at 9am, grill out, pound beers, party. Then we go into the game. After the game we stay for a couple hours, then go to a bar for dinner. Lil Danny should wait until the team goes on a couple deep playoff runs before he ruins the only reason to go to the games. And for all the sour puss cheese and wine fans we dont need you at the games anyway. When the Skins go down in the second half you are the first to leave. When the Skins have a Sunday or Monday nite game you are the first to sell your tix which always end up in the hands the opposing teams fans. Keep the crazy die hards, dump the losers.

Posted by: daddy_axe | June 22, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

daddy_axe--just wonderin, how many parking spots do you take up when tailgating?

Posted by: dovelevine | June 22, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dckidwell | June 22, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

No one has ever, I repeat EVER, given me any problem when I've politely asked if they'd move their lawn chairs etc so I can park in that spot if/when there are very few spots left. Are you one of those people that ASSUMES people will not move their stuff for you so instead you pressure the organization to forbid tailgaters from doing it in the first place?

Posted by: Barno1 | June 22, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

we park a van that holds 12 next to a yukon that brings 6. we park in the green lot that is up near the stadium. Unless there is bad weather we do not set up a tent. We do not take up an extra parking space but yes we gum up the flow of traffic. Tough luck, you want a good spot make an effort and get there earlier.

Posted by: daddy_axe | June 22, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

--Unless there is bad weather we do not set up a tent.

Where do yo set up the tent in the bad weather? Over how many other spots?

Posted by: dovelevine | June 22, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

then i put it right in your spot dove.. do us all a favor and stop coming to the games if you are this uptight, you ruin the experience!

Posted by: daddy_axe | June 22, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

>> do us all a favor and stop coming to the games if you are this uptight, you ruin the experience! Posted by: daddy_axe

Sorry dude, you just gave yourself away. "When it's raining I put up a tent." Meaning hey I've only got 1 parking pass which entitles me to 1 spot but I deserve more cause I'm partying and I'm not uptight so my pass is worth 2 or 3 spots. And the rest of you, well too bad. Sorry daddy, looks like you brought this on yourself. Have fun in the back row sucka.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 22, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

You ladies don't get it. This isn't about tailgating. No one minds or cares about tailgaters. Everyone digs em. It's part of the game. This is about selfish peeps taking up multiple spots for their own enjoyment so there becomes a parking problem for everyone else. If you ladies only took up one spot like the rest of us we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 22, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

parking in the back row of the lot i am in isnt so bad. and i get there early enough that it wont matter. what i am against is anything dan synder related and stupid rules that will not work any how. please sell the team to leonsis and lets get this team back on track. vinny go away. danny go away. dove, i bet you voted obama.

Posted by: daddy_axe | June 22, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Barno, you are one whining little punk. Really, grow up. So you have to comply with a few rules. If you can't deal with it, just don't go. You don't really matter.

Posted by: dcsportsdude | June 22, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Its just another step towards Snyder's dream of "upscaling" the game of football. First you make the ticket prices out of reach for anyone but a bankruptcy attorney (business is good right now). Then you stock the stadium full of "premium" dining. Then you get rid of those pesky tailgaters who like to bring their own booze and food before the game and have a party. Whats left? Just those who can afford the $250 ticket and the $30 Angus cheeseburger teamed with a $20 Chimay.

Soon FedEx will all be luxury boxes and Ruth Chris Steakhouses on every level and Snyder will beam with pride looking at his orderly parking lot of valet parked German cars.

Posted by: BurtReynolds | June 22, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsportsdude | June 22, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I'm not the one whining and I'm far from a punk. I simply mocked your whining complaints about tailgaters with a humorous little twist. And you demonstrated how extremely lame you are, yet again, by not being able to come up with even a remotely entertaining retort.

Go find an usher to cry to.

Posted by: Barno1 | June 22, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse