Afternoon Bog: Riggleman's HS Pic, and The Fan
A few quick notes from Vegas....
* See Jim Riggleman's high school yearbook photo. Read his high school baseball team's rallying cry: "Thunder, Thunder, Thunderation, we're the Rockets Delegation/When we fight with determination, we create a soul sensation!" If he gets Dmitri to sing that, he can have the job for life. (Cheap Seats Daily)
* Riggleman already has a fake Twitter feed. (@InterimJim)
* Manny Acta posts his farewell blog on MASN. " I know tomorrow will bring another day, and I assure you that, whether it is running, walking, or crawling, I will certainly keep moving forward. Thanks everybody (fans, media, colleagues, Nats employees) for all that you brought to my life. Until we have the opportunity to cross paths again...Take care NatsTown!"
Is it NatsTown for life, now, or was that just a one-year thing? And who's the Mayor of NatsTown, Riggleman or Rizzo or Kasten or a Lerner? And if it was Acta, can he not be Mayor for Life? City Paper has a cover for him. (MASN Sports)
* Bob Carpenter pens a nice tribute to Manny, and also adds this: "With 75 games left, they could reach last year's 59 wins by going just 33-42, and I'm sure they can do that or more." Shoot for the stars, guys. (MASN Sports)
* Johnny Holliday also has a farewell post, and adds this: "Mike Rizzo and Stan Kasten have sent some players packing and the clubhouse is now full of more good guys than malcontents. Will there be more to go? Possibly." (MASN Sports)
* The former WJFK releases the official names of its shows: The Sports Junkies, The Mike Wise Show, and The LaVar Arrington Show With Chad Dukes. Also, the name of the station will be The Fan. Also, the station "will also broadcast Westwood One's NFL play-by-play coverage, including Thursday night, Sunday afternoon, Sunday night and Monday Night Football, the NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl XLIV." Also, they somehow got the Redskins cheerleaders to go to their event kicking off their rivalry with the Redskins radio station. Promising start. (via @chaddukes and DCRTV)
* And a local CBS radio exec told the Wash Times that The Fan "will feature people who can actually say what they think without being edited or fired." Burn. (@SportsBizWT)
* Chris Cooley on his dead burned dead horse carcass incident: "What basically happened was we poured five gasoline on the horse, we put some fireworks in the horse as well, to enhance the explosion. We did explode that horse. But, we had fun, we expunged of the horse in the proper manner, maybe with a little more fireworks than expected." (Sports Radio Interviews)
* A story of LeBron cheering for the Wizards as a high schooler. (The Big Lead)
*And also, as seen below, some little kid goes into the Washington Mystics dressing room and schools the team on how to dance.
Posted by: calixtop | July 15, 2009 6:51 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: alex35332 | July 15, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.