Morning Bog: D.C.'s Men of Summer
Some morning links, courtesy of Max Wasserman:
* Ryan Zimmerman, Brian Orakpo, and Santino Quaranta are on the cover of this month's issue of Washington Life, available next week. (What, no Leander Paes?) There's a photo shoot as well. (Behind the Badge, Washington Life)
* One segment of Redskins fans overwhelmingly approve of the Jeremy Jarmon thing. (Mister Irrelevant)
* In addition to being a star football player at Kentucky, Jarmon is also a thespian, and has gotten good reviews. (Redskins Blog)
* Dialog between Sonia Sotomayor and Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.):
Cardin: "You are a hero to the Baltimore baseball fans. Let me explain. [During] the Major League Baseball strike [of 1994-95], you allowed the season to continue [without the use of replacement players] so Cal Ripken could become the Iron Man of baseall in September 1995. We just want to invite you, as a baseball fan, to an Oriole game, and we promise it will not be when the Yankees are playing, so you can root for the Baltimore Orioles."
Sotomayor: "That's a great invitation....You can assure your Baltimore fans that we have been to Camden Yards. It's a beautiful stadium."
* Two Cubs fans at the Nats game dress like Harry Caray and Holy Cow. (My inbox)
* Dave McKenna wonders why, with two sports talk stations in town, there's still no space for a show about baseball or a show for Phil Wood. (Cheap Seats)
* Tanner Cooley likes WJFK's switch to all-sports, obviously. (Cooley Zone)
* And Jarrett Carter thinks this spells doom for WTEM, unless they lower the propaganda level. (Stet Sports)
* The Capitals' 2009-10 schedule is released. They don't face the Penguins until January and they don't face them at home until February. (On Frozen Blog)
* Their new schedule also has them traveling over 5,000 more miles than last season. (On The Forecheck)
* Sean Leahy only has one Capitals game in his "10 can't-miss" of the 2009-10 NHL Season, and it's the one in Montreal. (Puck Daddy)
Best D.C. Sports Tweets Over the Past 24 Hours
Jeremy Jarmon: Washington Redskins!!!
Gary Williams: Good conditions today at the British Open...don't see that too often. Played Turnberry about 10 years ago...awesome course!
Jim Larranaga: Did you see the video replay of Michael Jackson's hair catching fire, years ago, while filming a commercial? Awful! Scary! I was in pain...
July 17, 2009; 9:19 AM ET
Categories: Caps , D.C. United , Nats , Redskins , What You Need to Know
Save & Share: Previous: Blatche Remembers His Shattered Backboard
Next: Nick Young's Mean Face
Posted by: cj658 | July 17, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: kingrob76 | July 17, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: sheepherder | July 17, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: makplan20002 | July 17, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: dimesmakedollars | July 17, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: VPaterno | July 17, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: alex35332 | July 17, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: rachel216 | July 18, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.