Morning Bog: Earl Weaver's Philosophy and Dmitri's Belly
Some morning links, with help from Max Wasserman.
* Sports Illustrated included Earl Weaver in its latest Where Are They Now issue. That means a new interview, in which Weaver apparently says he's never heard of Moneyball and describes his baseball philosophy like this: "Team speed?" he says. "Get some big (bleep) who can hit the (bleepin) ball out of the park!" (MASN Sports)
* And speaking of big, here is a massive gallery of current Dmitri Young photos. At worst, he's got to be fourth on the Redskins' depth chart at right tackle. (Nats 320)
* JaVale McGee is uploading his music onto the Internet. (Truth About It)
* Speaking of the Wiz and hip hop, local artist Pro'Verb--who recorded that track defending DeShawn Stevenson against Jay-Z--is one of the opening acts at Rock the Bells this weekend. (Lyriciss-DMV)
* Terps basketball recruit Terrell Stoglin is no JaVale McGee. (Testudo Times)
* Nearly every college football preview sees the Terps as last in the ACC Atlantic. Ralph Friedgen has them right where he wants them. (Testudo Times)
* A-11 Look-ahead: Old Dominion's 2009-10 men's basketball schedule makes it seem like the Monarchs want to join the Atlantic 10. They play Richmond and Dayton on the road and Charlotte and Duquesne at home. (Old Dominion Athletics)
* A full analysis of the Capitals draft. Second round pick Dmitri Orlov was a steal. (Hockey's Future)
* Joel Hanrahan: "I had certainly reached a point where I needed a change in Washington." (Pirates Report)
* Please don't look at this at work, but The Onion tackles the Nats. It involves lots of profanity. (The Onion)
* DC is America's 38th best sports town. Baltimore ranks 61st. This list is weird. (Men's Health)
* Jordan Crawford talks about the LeBron dunk. (The Dagger)
* So do D.C. area hoopsters. Here's yesterday's Twitter dialogue between DaJuan Summers and Malcolm Delaney, who actually saw the dunk in person.
Summers: "yo was that dunk that bad?? because they are talking about it on espn?"
Delaney: its was bad but i think its a bigger deal because they confiscated the tapes
Summers: "Yea basically LOL its funny tho."
* The Kastles get their first win, with help from Serena Williams. (Wicked Local Topsfield)
* Here's Coach Murphy Jensen's reaction on Twitter: "kastles win!!!!!!!! serena is a Goddess!!!!!!!!!! come on!!!!!! tennis is cool!"
July 10, 2009; 8:13 AM ET
Categories: Caps , Nats , Orioles , Redskins , Terps , What You Need to Know , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Rob Dibble on the Nats: "It's Pathetic"
Next: Nationals Concert Fail
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | July 10, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: section417 | July 10, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: alex35332 | July 10, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: RedBirdie | July 10, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: DCPowerGator | July 10, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: VTDuffman | July 10, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: sitruc | July 10, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: mja712 | July 11, 2009 2:33 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | July 12, 2009 6:15 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: sallyworking2006 | July 13, 2009 9:50 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.