Morning Bog: Nick Young's Vegas Sneaks
Chatting at 11. Submit questions here. This being the slowest sports week of the calendar year, you better be creative.
* Here are the sneaks Nick Young wore last night to score 36 points in Summer League. They're Kobes, and they're not in approved Wizards colors, so he won't be wearing these during the regular season.
"I don't' know, I thought they was hot, and I like to go out in style," he said.
Young is also wearing two parts in the back left corner of his head.
"It's supposed to be three, but the dude messed it up," Young said. "It's something I'm gonna go with all year. JaVale tried to copy me, he's trying to copy me."
Will have to check on that.
* "Wizards player Etan Thomas has been spotted at the White House and is rumored to be playing with Obama, who has retrofitted the tennis courts into an outdoor basketball court." (Bellantoni on Politics)
* Here's who was at the Potomac Nats game last night: Stan Kasten, Dmitri Young and Lastings Milledge. Young homered.
"His rehab has a couple more weeks to run," Kasten said. "After that, we'll evaluate him and see what the next step is. I think he's making progress. He's coming along." (Inside Nova)
* On Manny Acta and his self-help books. (NBC Washington)
* Bring a losing D.C. lottery scratcher to Nats Park, get a free ticket on July 26 or Aug. 7. The Redskins aren't the only franchise with lottery scratcher dreams. (dl004d)
* As long as I'm in Vegas, it's my duty to provide the comprehensive list of local sports team odds. Yeah, you can get it from online services, but this is more fun. These are from the MGM Grand, and they're all from within the last 10 days: Capitals 10-1 to win the Stanley Cup (tied for fifth-best), Redskins 22-1 to win the Super Bowl (tied for 19th), Virginia Tech 25-1 to win the BCS (tied for 11th), Wizards 35-1 to win the NBA title (tied for 14th), Georgetown 35-1 to win the hoops national title (tied for 16th), Maryland and Virginia Tech 100- to win the hoops national title, Nationals 999-1 to win the World Series (pretty much last), Virginia and Maryland [field] to win the BCS.
* WJFK handed out Wizards-style jerseys to all their talent yesterday. I love this photo of LaVar and Dukes. (Wizards.com)
* LaVar: "There's been so many times that I wanted to say some things but I never had the proper platform to do it, and I just always wanted the chance. That's all. Just the chance. And now I have one."
* Wise: "I can never criticize Andray Blatche again for putting on a Wizards jersey when they give me one." (Via ComcastSportsNet.tv video)
* Jim Zorn's wife: "You cannot put him into a box. He just won't fit in. He squishes out all over the sides." (ESPN.com)
* Chris Samuels says if the Skins offense can score 24 points a game, "our defense can bring it home." Eleven teams averaged that much last season. (Hogs Haven)
July 15, 2009; 10:35 AM ET
Categories: Caps , Nats , Redskins , Terps , What You Need to Know , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Obama Disses the Nationals
Next: Wale Reps the Nats, Again
Posted by: fushezzi | July 15, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: SeanTsGhost | July 15, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: seriesoftubescleaner | July 15, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.