Nationals Spelling Fail

Look, no one ever said spelling was easy. Although I'd argue that "Cristian" is trickier than "Thursday."

Also, it's a good thing I originally labeled the Natinals episode a Uniform Fail rather than a Spelling Fail, because there's no set policy for repeated categories. Another reason it's a good thing yesterday didn't become Nationals Fireworks Fail (Part II). That just doesn't sound right.

(Noted, as always: I believe the Nationals will succeed wildly in the near future, and I will jump on the bandwagon with all four limbs when that happens. Growing pains, is all.)

(Previously: Nationals Uniform Fail, Nationals Bobblehead Fail, Nationals Bat Fail, Nationals Tarp Fail, Nationals Sausage Fail, Nationals Kosher Fail, Nationals Fireworks Fail, Nationals Timekeeping Fail, Nationals Television Fail, Nationals Gift Fail.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 6, 2009; 11:15 AM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Keane Are Nats Fans
Next: Nyjer Morgan's Gentleman's Name

Comments

Speaking of spelling fails, nice one by Chico Harlan in an NJ post and the gamer for yesterday. "Champaign" for "champagne." It's since been corrected thanks to alert Post readers. I'm not clear on the fail policy: would that be a beat writer fail or a copy editor fail? ;-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | July 6, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

If you look in the program they give away at every Nats game, they have SO in the stats where it should be SB. That ends up showing that Dunn has no strikeouts this season.

Posted by: natsfan13 | July 6, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Nitpick much?

Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | July 6, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

creativity FAIL. come up with a new material please.

Posted by: BigNasty | July 6, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

That's just the classic Irish pronunciation of that day of the week. I'll think of it as an homage.

Posted by: Kev29 | July 6, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

At least it didn't say "Turdsday."

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | July 6, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

No, no no. Tursday is the newest day that they have added to the week. This way we can have must see TV Tursday.

Posted by: alex35332 | July 6, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

1a, Chico's gamer also had "campaign" in its earlier version. It was changed before I had a chance to call him out, though.

Posted by: NatsNut | July 6, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

getting kinda old.

Posted by: Andymr | July 6, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

I noticed that as well, NatsNut.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | July 6, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

I do not know why your usually creative and funny blog has taken to finding spelling errors in everything. Perhaps you should get a job as a copy editor and give us a sportswriter instead.

Posted by: KWall1 | July 6, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Ooh, I think I found another Post fail. The page found at the link below lists Jason La Canfora among Redskins Insider contributors, but didn't he resign last month? Yay - finding fails is fun!

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | July 6, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse