Morning Bog: A Svelte Fridge
Chatting at 11. Submit questions here.
Something in the air 'round these parts. Mike Williams dropped about 108 pounds, and Ralph Friedgen shed about 105 and is praising his newfound flexibility. Together, that's 213 pounds, missing from the earth. I mean, that's just vanishing Dominique Dorsey, plus a couple of Thanksgiving turkeys on top. But Fridge looks good, all cleaned out.
Meanwhile, Virginia Tech defensive tackle Cordarrow Thompson is at 305, down from 340, leading to this perfect quote from D coordinator Bud Foster: "At one time, gravy used to be a beverage for him." Stories about weight loss are fun!
More morning links, with help from Jake DiGregorio.
* Fred Smoot recommends burgundy cleats to Hunter Smith, who wears his shoes into the hot tub and was asked 17 cleat questions, leading to this quote: "This has never before happened in the history of my life or the history of punters worldwide." (Skins Blog)
* John Riggins dances, Joe Gibbs calls him a fruitcake. (Stet Sports)
* Skins linebacker Alfred Fincher gives himself a bad mohawk, teammates consider fining him. (Homer McFanboy)
* Two bloggers get the better of two Cooleys in a football toss competition, then challenge them at beer pong. The Cooleys seem justifiably skeptical about the results. (Mister Irrelevant, The Cooley Zone)
* Jim Zorn says he'd want to be played by Robert Duvall in the movies. (Hogs Haven)
* Shaun Alexander still thinks he can play. (Pro Football Talk)
* CSN is exclusive preseason HD carrier for Skins games. (Washington Business Journal)
* Jordan Zimmermann on Tommy John surgery: "It's a freak thing that occurs. A lot of guys have it." (Chatter)
* Drew Storen and his mom discuss his promotion to Harrisburg on Twitter. (Nationals Pride)
* Cristian Guzman makes it through the waiver jungle, but there is no red at the end of that tunnel. Also, please spell his name correctly, Boston media. (Boston.com)
* The Nats' winning streak is one of the two most-out-of-left-field in MLB history, and has them on pace for just 104 losses. (Chico)
* Bruce Boudreau's book is available for pre-sale purchase today, with a big discount. (On Frozen Blog)
* The Caps have the 13th best jerseys in the NHL. (The Hockey News via Japers)
* Boom Osby leaves Romania, signs with a team in the German Bundesliga, whose quote says he "brings the necessary mass to dagegenzuhalte." (Where Are They Now)
* Virginia Tech media day was awesome. (Every Day Should Be Saturday)
* A Virginia Tech blogger on "Why we hate Duke." (The North Endzone)
* American's hoops schedule is out, and features games at Florida, Georgetown and Penn State. (D1scourse)
* One awesome fan went to the Real Madrid-DCU game wearing a signed Pecherov jersey. (Via Reader Kevin)
* Also thanks to Truth About It, JaVale McGee went to Six Flags, got one of those roadside caricature paintings. (Twitpic)
* Newest Wizard Fabricio Oberto went to the Legg Mason, took photos. (Twitpic)
* More about the Mystics' spiking attendance, which could lead to another Verizon Center banner. (WaPo)
* A WaPo writer makes fun of the 980-106.7 battle. (WaPo)
August 11, 2009; 9:09 AM ET
Categories: Atlantic 11 , Caps , D.C. United , Media , Nats , Redskins , Terps , What You Need to Know , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Dominique Dorsey Used to Be an O-Lineman
Next: Darrell Green on Twitter, Skins Fans and Canton
Posted by: accessthis | August 11, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.