Morning Bog: Flip Saunders Calls Out Mike Wise
Now that Mike Wise is a sports-radio jackal, he does things like attempt to rile up Shaquille O'Neal through the selective use of Flip Saunders quotes. Saunders was on Wise's show on 106.7 The Fan yesterday, and he appropriately called Wise out for his troublemaking.
"Mike, hey, I'm gonna call you Gasoline," Saunders said. "You're trying to get me in trouble with Shaq or what? Throw a little bit more gasoline on the fire to get it going? Throw me under the bus when I'm not around? That's ok."
Boom, Wise, boom. In other highlights, Saunders said he's been talking to Gilbert about how "coming out of college he was known as a defensive player as much as anything, and getting back to his roots as far as how he can help us defensively." Yeah. Godspeed with that. More morning links:
* New Wizard Fabricio Oberto will wear No. 21 in honor of his birthday and Tim Duncan. (Truth About It)
* Oberto talks with Chris Miller about his love of Metallica, Pearl Jam and Nirvana. (CSN Washington)
* Saunders refers to Oberto as "Fab." (Hoops Addict)
* Andre Iguodala has been playing with Gilbert in Chicago, and wrote this on his Twitter feed: "gilbert arenas is back like he left his black card!" That's a good thing. (@AI9)
* Albert Haynesworth refuses to call himself a big teddy bear in case the Giants are watching, insists that he's "mean." Also, says it's hard to learn all these D.C. journalists' names. (CSN Washington)
* The Redskins have Chris Cooley listed as their second-string punter, but Danny Smith says "If Cooley gets in there to punt, look for me on the sidelines in a trenchcoat and sunglasses, trying to be in disguise." (Skins.com, Skins blog)
* This is what Nyjer Morgan looked like after he got picked off to end last night's Nats game in did-that-really-happen fashion. (Nats Enquirer)
August 13, 2009; 10:51 AM ET
Categories: Caps , Media , Nats , Redskins , What You Need to Know , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: NFLShop.com Offers Vick Skins Gear
Next: Obama Rocks the Red
Posted by: Max231 | August 13, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Barno1 | August 13, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: wis193 | August 14, 2009 7:23 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.