Morning Bog: Strasburg Fever
If ever there was a time for National optimism, it'd be the night those plucky upstarts come back from four runs down with a six-run rally in the eighth. Sure enough, that was also the night at least two folks showed up with 37 Nats Strasburg shirts. Cottage industry, apparently. I'm not totally sure whose bargaining position this helps, but it sure isn't the current No. 37, Pat Listach. Many thanks to Cheryl Nichols for the photos.
More morning links, with help from Jake DiGregorio
* Stan Kasten presents Josh Willingham with a trophy in honor of his two grand slam night. (Miss Chatter's Flickr)
* While Ryan Zimmerman was sitting out with a sore shoulder, Jordan Zimmermann's rehab start ended early after he took a line drive "off the backside." (Potomac Nationals)
* Betting against the Nationals can be a very profitable venture... but apparently not last night. (OSH)
* Fred Smoot says he doesn't like having fans at training camp, is an "off the field genius," and is still planning to be an NFL GM one day, prompting Casey Rabach to ask "You've heard about the Love Boat situation, right?". (Homer McFanboy)
* Mike Sellers: "I've been a [Pro Bowl] alternate two years in a row. I've been to the Pro Bowl. I've been here longer than anybody else. I just feel like I'm worth more than I'm being paid." (Wash Times)
* Trying to figure out which players the Redskins can live without is a bit like trying to pick which toes you can deal without. You can survive, but you won't be dancing come January. (Hogs Haven)
* Six Flags blames second quarter financial woes on the timing of Easter and a minimum wage increase that took place in the third quarter. (Cheap Seats Daily)
* Simeon Varlamov completely slays American women in translation: "It's difficult to look at a lot of the local women. You get the feeling that just don't take care of themselves! There are an awful lot of heavyset ones. But Russian girls have nice trim figures. I couldn't imagine myself being with an American girl." (Japers Rink)
August 5, 2009; 8:41 AM ET
Categories: Caps , Nats , Redskins , What You Need to Know
Save & Share: Previous: The Strongest Redskin?
Next: Flip Saunders and Vinny Cerrato on Each Other
Posted by: rachel216 | August 5, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: punchdaclock | August 5, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Kev29 | August 5, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: mikeinrockville | August 5, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: KyminDC | August 7, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.