Redskins (Preseason) Uniform Fail (UPDATED)

Ok, Natinals, you're totally off the hook. And welcome to D.C., Mr. Bettis. Next step: finding another city to host that National Spelling Bee thing....

"I didn't know," running back Ladell Betts said after the game. "I don't think anybody noticed it until about midway through the first quarter. I had no idea. Somebody came up to me with a jersey and said, 'We need to change your jersey,' and I was like, 'What's wrong?' I thought maybe my jersey was ripped."

"Your name's wrong," he was told.

"How is my name wrong," he asked. Then he found out.

"Actually, I do like Jerome Bettis, but I don't prefer to have his name on my back," he said. "I wasn't upset or anything. I think the equipment people felt bad, but I wasn't mad at them."

(Television photography courtesy the excellent Nationals Enquirer.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 13, 2009; 8:16 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: What Not to Wear: Redskins Edition
Next: Second-Year Receiver Report Card

Comments

So Vick signs with Philly and the Redskins sign the Bus?

Posted by: JohninMpls | August 13, 2009 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Redskins Fail Post! YES! Don't forget: Redskins draft fail, Redskins offensive line fail, and Redskins front office fail.

Posted by: jmorrisa | August 13, 2009 9:07 PM | Report abuse

Not a good sign for the season. MORE OF THE SAME. ZORN IS OUT OF HERE

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | August 13, 2009 9:39 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Betts noticed...

Posted by: Samuraise | August 13, 2009 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Redskins "looking remotely promising" fail.

Posted by: SadieV | August 13, 2009 10:14 PM | Report abuse

To the people already questioning the season. Get a hold of urself. This is the first game of the damn preseason. They showed nothing on offense today. What u expect zorn put all cards out. Preseason is to give a chance for rookies to make a roster or practice squad. Its go through the motion games. Remeber Moss,Portis,Haynesworth,THomas,Rogers didnt play not the end of the world. Relax have confidence. Zorn knows way more then any off us do about football. For now i trust him

Posted by: cjdwolfpack | August 13, 2009 10:23 PM | Report abuse

How to look at the first preseason game.

Ravens first teams against Redskins first teams. Ravens 3 Redskins 0

Ravens first teams against Redskins second teams. Ravens 3 Redskins 0

Ravens and Redskins 2nd and 3rd stringers
Ravens 17 Redskins 0

Posted by: golfwise | August 13, 2009 11:23 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins actually could've used Michael Vick today.

Oy.

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | August 14, 2009 12:21 AM | Report abuse

Well, looks like everyone working for the Redskins had an off night. Sonny couldn't pronounce Orakpo's name to save his life!

Posted by: dmorgan6617 | August 14, 2009 1:59 AM | Report abuse

When the players arrive..aren't the jerseys hanging in their locker name out?

Posted by: HogsHaven | August 14, 2009 3:17 AM | Report abuse

What idiot made that mistake? Hire him and hire me. I need a job!

Posted by: linroy62 | August 14, 2009 5:36 AM | Report abuse

Gibbs routinely went 0-4 or 1-3 during the preseason. If someone changed the rules and these games count please let me know.

In other news, the two Dallas fans in my office here in DC didn't even know their team played last night. Unbelievable.

Posted by: fushezzi | August 14, 2009 7:51 AM | Report abuse

In the team's defense, this guy Betts is new around here.

Oh wait, never mind...

Posted by: peterandmeredith | August 14, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Man, even the equipment guys dropped the ball last night...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 14, 2009 8:40 AM | Report abuse

He sure doesn't play like the Bus.

Posted by: dclifer97 | August 14, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

100 Million to Fat Albert and Snyder cannot afford people who can spell. Indicative of a poorly run team built to make money first unlike Pittsburgh's win first attitude.

Posted by: jercha | August 14, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Pathetic. Dysfunctional organization from top to bottom. They can't even keep the Steeler fans from infiltrating the organization and embarrassing them from within. HOW DOES YOUR OWN STAFF NOT KNOW YOUR PLAYERS NAMES????? Danny Boy...I’m trying, I'm really trying, but you are making this life long Redskins fan very very indifferent toward this team. Please, step aside and get someone who knows what it takes to run a football team take over. You sit back and write the checks. It would be the best move you've made since buying the team. PLEASE DANNY…please.

Posted by: manbrute | August 14, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

@jercha - You nailed it. And it's why I am done rooting for the Washington $nyders. I will watch them on TV, and will root for them to win. But I won't go back to the stadium, and I won't put another penny into $nyder's pocket until he gets that asslicking sycophant Cerrato out of the way and get's his bloated head out of the way and hires a realy football GM. It's not worth the emotional investment anymore, and the cold and calculated way that $nyder manages this team has taken all of the soul out of it. This is not the same Washington Redskin's team that was the heart and soul of DC. This is rich, spoiled kid's play toy.

Posted by: VeloStrummer | August 14, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

dude, you do realize that 'fail' is a verb, right? Or is this your version of caveman speak: 'uniform fail, team bad, me hungry'?

Posted by: RIP-21 | August 14, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Its a DC-thing. First the "Natinals" and then "Bettis". If your team doesn't feature incorrect spellings on your uni, you are so uncool. Hopefully Agent Zero's knee is okay, otherwise I am up for spelling his name as Arenass this season.

Posted by: jro1 | August 14, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins will finish with a 4-12 record.

It's time to say goodbye to Vincent Cerrato.

Too bad, Danny Snyder.

Maryland will finish with a 2-10 record.

Maryland's defensive line and linebacker corps are a joke --- no pass rush whatsoever and give up a ton of long yardage plays.

I have seen harder hitting teams in powder puff leagues.

The only hard hits the Terps make - are out of bound plays - which cost them an additional 15 yards - which are quite frequent.

California's running back - Best - will gain 296 yards in the opening game

I love it, when Maryland constantly gets embarrassed on national TV.

Prediction:

California -- 56
Maryland -- 10

It's hilarious to see Maryland win a game - and the very next week get clobbered by a Virginia Tech - Boston College.

It is great to see Maryland go down to a crushing defeat on recruiting front (the kids they have received commitments from - are a joke! - taking the bottom of the barrel)

Carolina Blue - Carolina WHITE - Go Tar Heels - Let's go Tar Heels !

Posted by: hclark1 | August 14, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Haha I saw Betts name was messed up last night and knew it was going to be your first post this morning steinbogger

Posted by: Moco1 | August 14, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

My life experience has taught me that people that talk like hclark1, are compenstating for a physical "short" coming. I'm not sure if they work, but maybe you could try enzyte or extenz.

Posted by: manbrute | August 14, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Dude, you do realize it's a colloquialism, right?

-----

Posted by: RIP-21

Posted by: JohninMpls | August 14, 2009 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Actually this shows the Equipment people have more sense than Vinny. The Skins NEED Bettis, not Betts.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | August 15, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

How much you wanna bet Cerrato is in charge of jersey management?

Posted by: 20yrskinfan | August 16, 2009 2:43 AM | Report abuse

I know it was a mistake and stuff happens, but this guy has been on the team for almost 8 years! It just makes the organization look like a minor league operation!

Posted by: BeltwayBoy | August 16, 2009 2:49 PM | Report abuse