Alex Ovechkin in New York
So I'm currently at an Upper West Side hotel, with Caps PR guru Nate Ewell and a couple NHL staffers, waiting for Alex Ovechkin. He'll do some interviews here, then head down 6th Avenue in a zamboni. I'll take pictures, I guess. This here will be a Twitter feed of my observations and his answers. With any luck.
And it turns out his zamboni ride is all of one block. I can't wait to turn in my expense receipts for a one-block zamboni ride.
- NHL players are? "Heroes," Ovie said. And Alex Ovechkin is? "One of the heroes."
- Milbank asks Ovie blond, brunette or redhead. "Um, all of them," he said.
- Ovie on playing in DC: "It's a great place right now to play hockey. Everybody loves us."
- Ovie on 09 goals: "I just want to play the same way and be the best, try to help the team win games...and win the Stanley Cup"
- Mad Dog Radio asked Ovie about Eastern Motors ads. "I do what I want to do, I don't care," he said. Also asked him about @thecooleyzone
- Ovie on media buzz: "I do what I love to do, I play hockey. I don't like to hear some bad words or good words...I do my job. I play hockey"
- Ovie: "I'm in good shape and I'll be better this year too."
(All updates are here.)
Posted by: signatures | September 9, 2009 10:41 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.