Alex Ovechkin, New York and a Zamboni
After Alex Ovechkin finished some NHL interviews, he took a break in his Upper West Side hotel room. I then headed down to 47th Street and Seventh Avenue, where a Zamboni was waiting. This is, of course, kind of weird.
Below are some updates via Twitter.
- ovie: "its another good day to be alex ovechkin"
- ovie on getting back on ice: "cant wait, actually"
- ovie just scored a virtual goal as crosby. weird.
- fan from crowd: "alex, keep scoring goals and piss don cherry off"
- my favorite part of the day was definitely the officer who pushed me outta the way then took a cell phone pic of ovie
- ovie postpones game against @deadspin's dash, demands rematch with kid
- someone starts "kets go rangers" chant. caps fans booooo
- ovie playing video game against some kid. has varly in net. loses 2-0 to kingd
- "probably im gonna break this car," ovie said when he climbed in zamboni
- when ovie pulled up to nhl store, fans chanted his name
- if youve never tried to convince the nypd that youre allowed to be following the zamboni, i highly recommend it
- ov busts pedal. im already broken, he says
- driver: "cmon, get ya autographs and get outta here ya pain in the asses."
- lentil and saffron truck gumming up traffic. nypd stepping in.
- uh, this zamboni route looks to be about 30 feet
- the old people taking the duck boat tour of midtown seemed confused by the zamboni in their way
- problem with the car picking up ovie at his hotel means the zamboni is just sittin here
- also saw an elmo, a statue of liberty mime, a stuffed duck mascot and a steel drummer. wish ovi had posed with elmo.
- on the way to zamboni saw a random guy in ovechkin tee who didnt know alex was in nyc
Posted by: JDP_ | September 9, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: superpaqman | September 9, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 9, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: govtimbo | September 9, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ejohnsto | September 9, 2009 10:04 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: pokerfaceI208 | September 10, 2009 1:32 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: EricS2 | September 10, 2009 4:25 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: poguesmahone | September 10, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.