Clinton Portis Debuts New Week 1 Cleats

(Images via Comcast SportsNet)

Comcast SportsNet's Michael Jenkins discovered early in the preseason that Clinton Portis planned to debut some new cleats during Week 1 of this season. Portis told him they would be "hot," but asked Jenkins to preserve his secrecy.

Well, Week 1 has arrived, and here are the cleats. They've gone plaid.

"I think it's just something different," Portis told Comcast SportsNet. "It's something you ain't never seen on a pair of cleats before. To me, I really think for how fast my feet gonna be moving, it's just gonna make it look like a blur. So that'll be fun. It's always good to come out and be the first one with something, so I'm used to it. I gave my cleats out last year; this year, I'm the only one. Exclusives. DeAngelo done bargained with me, man, let me get a pair, man let me get a pair, I'll pay you for 'em. Nah, my brother, I'm gonna be the only one with these."

Approve. Wholeheartedly.

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 13, 2009; 3:49 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nats Attempt to Avoid 210-Loss Ignominy
Next: Missed Tackles in Week One

Comments

Win a game and I'll care.

Posted by: Semvechkin | September 13, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

At what point do we stop caring what loser wear on their feet and start caring about losers walking out of town with their cleats? Portis and that Mississippi loser Campbell have found solace on a team that has no concern with the scoreboard and every concern with promotions and propaganda. Welcome to DC gentlemen, you fit right in. For us Redskins fans, let's keep enjoying the losing - we are great at it! Let's hear it for another high first round pick! By the way, Mr. Snyder, you better start thinking longevity - we're done with your short-term anctics. Watch as your season ticket holders flee your wrath of winningless ego. Good luck old boy. Media is dead.

Posted by: langwayRULES | September 13, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

perhaps a little less worry about shoes and a little more concern on winning would be more appropriate for the whole team .... this has become the place to get the big contract, sit back and count the money... because they are never held accountable for their mediocre play .... perhaps if mr. snyder spent less time worrying about twitter at practice, tailgating and parking we would have a football team

Posted by: causmos | September 13, 2009 7:14 PM | Report abuse

and the media is just as guilty... when will you stop writing about how amusing they are and start asking them a few hard questions about why they can't win any football games??

Posted by: causmos | September 13, 2009 7:16 PM | Report abuse

I'll never understand you fans who seem to enjoy being miserable. Yes we lost a game today. Does that mean that the rest of the week needs to be a day of national mourning? Should Clinton Portis stop having fun? Should I stop having fun? It's a football game. They played hard. They lost. I'll still be here next week and next season and next decade rooting for them. In the meantime I think I'll go sneaker shopping and have some fun.

Posted by: Hobes | September 13, 2009 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Focus guys. That's not plaid, it's checkered.

Posted by: jreddish | September 13, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Why should we care what Portis wears on his feet? I don't find it "funny" nor "fun"
to lose game after game - and Portis idiotic costumes & comments?? NOT impressive.
Time wasted - Cooley displaying his pe--s on line & Portis("Mr. plaid cleats" photographed & displayed "nude" on-line & pics of "One" of his babies' mommas
(looks like a guy) all barely 5 days before the game. Did we really expect them to win? Really? Pure foolishness - lack of focus.

Posted by: McleanVa09 | September 14, 2009 12:02 AM | Report abuse

I agree with those who feel that if Portis and other players focused a little more on their game than whatever they "done" put on their feet, they'd actually have something to brag about. Clinton Portis needs to get over himself.

Posted by: bethesdaguy | September 14, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse