Mike Greenberg Rants on Skins and Twitter

I promised not to mention a certain backup linebacker's name any more, so I won't. But here's Mike Greenberg's rant about the issue from Tuesday morning's Mike and Mike and Mike and MIke show. It's fairly passionate.

Also, while the Twitter account is no more, events continue to indicate that he seems to be a really nice kid.

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 23, 2009; 8:49 AM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Clinton Portis: "We All Believe"
Next: Wacky Fan Photos From Rams Game

Comments

Lets give this guy a break. He made a mistake, hopefully he's learned his lesson.

Posted by: Mustachio | September 23, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

what's up with the richmond homes ad in the middle of the page...

Posted by: MNMNT | September 23, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Now I am not sure what side I am on with this issue anymore. I dislike Mike and Mike, on one side, I dislike Larry Michael on the other side. WHO CAN I ROOT FOR?

Posted by: alex35332 | September 23, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Mike Greenberg ranting about something seems to have become his main shtick. I stopped listening a long time ago.

Posted by: capsfan77 | September 23, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

I was surprised this was still being brought up yesterday, but then I realized it was out-of-town media, os who cares.
Who's Mike Greenburg?

Posted by: Max231 | September 23, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Of course, this crap show is what's on the air every morning on Radio Danny. I have never understood the appeal of it.

Posted by: kgunnar | September 23, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

I sat with Robert at the welcome home luncheon and could not be more impressed by how much of a classy guy he is. Intelligent, young, athletic guy with great morals and beliefs.
What is amusing here is that a self promoting radio dork, whose ratings are plummeting, is going to try and make himself feel better by trying to degrate and ridicule someone else. Im over the tired routine Greeeney and Gollie or whatever that schtick is trying to prove and promote. Its sad to see talentless radio nerds reach the end of there line by trying to hurt someone they don't know for self promotion.

Posted by: Roland_miller1 | September 23, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Greenberg singled handedly ruined what was an otherwise good opening night Monday Night Football game when he was the commentator for the Raiders/Chargers game. How anyone can enjoy listenting to this dork (sorry for the non-"pc" term) every morning is beyond me. This clown is the most annoying guy on radio/tv. Mike, if you can't bring the perspective of having played sports at least bring some humor or entertainment value to the table.

Posted by: sportsjunkie29 | September 23, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Dear Funny Greeney Guy!
Nice scintillating rant on Robert Henson! You owned that guy! Hahahaha. You are soooo funny. You really make me laugh in the morning! I hope your ratings went waaaaay up after all the attention you got from it. Keep up the great work! It must be difficult at times to find material but that was pure genius on the radio. Glad you crapped on a great family man with a great futre and put him in his place on national radio. This should catapult you into the funny guy radio hall of fame for sure! Mazeltoff!

Posted by: Roland_miller1 | September 23, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

I think Mike and Mike got it right. I didn't really think the first tweet was all that bad at all. A little disrespectful to the fans, but the fans were disrespectful to the Skins, so it balances out.

All the harsh criticisms Henson had after that point though went way too far. Disrespecting people who work hard for a living doing often-unappreciated work like a 9-5 job at McDonalds was unnecessary and out of line.

It doesn't matter how much input anybody had in the Redskins winning on Sunday. It is about principals, and taking potshots at people who work very hard but are still less fortunate than you shows that you don't have principals or class.

That being said, Skins fans shouldn't have booed a win. They should take it, thank their lucky stars that they won a game that for the most part they should have lost, and go home.

Posted by: vash462 | September 23, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse