Morning Bog: Hunter Smith in the Bathroom
Chatting at 11:30. Submit questions here.
Because the Internet closed for Labor Day weekend....links, with help from Max Wasserman and Jake DiGregorio.
* This story from Chris Cooley could have made for one of the best photographs in NFL preseason history. Punter Hunter Smith, needing to relieve himself before the Jags game, was escorted upstairs into the public restroom while in full uniform. (Cooley Zone)
* Rock Cartwright is miffed as heck that the Skins don't consider him a running back. (Skins Confidential)
* MJD is miffed as heck at Fred Smoot's hit. (AP)
* Mike Freeman is miffed as heck at Daniel Snyder:
I swore off the team not long after Snyder's takeover because I found him to be an insecure little man who thrived on overreaching and hubris. Others can't swear off their addiction. Snyder can sue them, abuse them and they still put on their Art Monk and Joe Theismann jerseys and head off into the abyss.
* Not that there isn't some logic here, but it's great to see the Washington Times turn the Skins-suing-ticket-holders story into a fable about personal responsibility. (Tom Knott)
* Chase Daniel and tampering! Whoo! (Pro Football Talk)
* Ovie is named Honored Master of Sports (Alex Ovejtkin)
* Bruce Boudreau starts writing a column, talks about getting picked on as a rookie. (Caps.com)
* Sometimes, all you want is a discount code, but with the Washington Nationals, you might just get some sound advice (i.e. "stay home"). (For One Price)
* For one Cavs fan, watching Virginia lose to William & Mary was akin to the horse's head scene in "The Godfather." (Blog Critics Sports)
* Not only does the Terrapins next opponent, James Madison, hail from a CAA conference in D-IAA that defeated two ACC teams last week (Richmond beat Duke in addition to the Tribe's win), their players take very intimidating photos. (Testudo Times)
* Gilbert Arenas is the best second-round pick of the last decade. (Ball Don't Lie)
* Caron Butler posing Haibao, the mascot of Shanghai World Expo. (CRI)
Phil Daniels: At Clinton Portis house eating some of his moms good food.
Seth Greenberg: VT football is ELITE! 16 consecutive bowl games 10 win seasons. Fans need to appreciate just how tough that is to accomplish!
Rocky McIntosh: I'm so crunk right now I'm ready to split somebody right now where's my Riddell?
Posted by: Barno1 | September 8, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: FlyersSuck | September 8, 2009 6:33 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.