Ovechkin's NYC Zamboni Ride
I was going to go to New York next week to try to eat a meal guest-cooked by Alex Ovechkin. That event is off.
But now comes word that Ovechkin will be appearing at the NHL Store in Manhattan on Wednesday, and that he will arrive by riding down 6th Avenue, with a police escort, IN A ZAMBONI. No, seriously. That's probably worth the train fare, right?
Some more morning links and observations.
* The Mike Green bobblehead looks pretty good, although it seems to be missing the undershirt and sunglasses. Also, my Bruce Boudreau bobblehead lost its head and now scares me. (Japers' Rink)
* Donald Brashear tells New York fans that his vicious hit on Blair Betts during the playoffs "certainly gave our team some wings." (Daily News)
* Ted Leonsis: "We have to be better." [If I wanted to take a cheap shot, I'd ask him why he didn't write "We have to find new revenue streams, possibly beneath the mattresses of 72-year old grannies.] (Ted's Take)
* Amid all the pitchforks, let's not forget that Daniel Snyder is one of the NFL's best owners. Yahoo! said so. (Mister Irrelevant)
* John Keim, one of the best Skins writers alive, flat-out says Mike Williams should be cut. (Redskins Confidential)
* Tony Dungy on Albert Haynesworth: "If he plays like he did last year, Washington will be a factor in the race. Now, I played against him twice a year for seven years and he didn't always play like that. Last year he was playing for that big contract and he got it." Uh oh. (Redskins Confidential)
* Video of Brendan Haywood training with the Hoops Whisperer. (Truth About It)
* Bob Carpenter is baseball's third chattiest play-by-play man. Scientifically proven. (Wall Street Journal)
September 4, 2009; 10:21 AM ET
Categories: Caps , Media , Nats , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Etan Thomas Criticizes the Sports Media, Over a Beat
Next: Jason Campbell Really Likes Big Plays
Posted by: cpascopr | September 4, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: poguesmahone | September 4, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: FlyersSuck | September 4, 2009 6:43 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: MNMNT | September 4, 2009 9:39 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.